ᴇ ɪ ɢ ʜ ᴛ·°

Start from the beginning

"Lee Byeol?"

"Jung Wooyoung?"

She was stunned to see her someone from her high school at a place like this. Jung Wooyoung along with San and some others, were the absolute heartthrobs of their school. Because they danced very well. They had the looks, the manners, and the moves. The whole package. Every girl would drool over them. Oh well, even Byeol couldn't disagree because they did dance amazingly well.

Wooyoung too, was probably shocked to see Byeol. Because he got up from his chair so abruptly that he knocked some pens over on the floor. She helped pick them up and sat down on the chair that was opposite to him.

"What a pleasant surprise, Byeol. I didn't expect seeing you here. That even as a writer." Wooyoung beamed as he spoke.

"Same here. I've been running into a lot of people from our school lately. Just a few weeks ago I met San at a wedding, " Byeol said.

"Oh yeah. He told me that he ran into you and Haneul. So how are you? It's been what? 6 years since we last saw each other?"

"Everything's great except for the fact that I don't have a publisher now. Haneul's great too." Byeol chuckled lightly.

"Oh about that, do you wanna catch up over some coffee? We can also finish the work there," Wooyoung asked.

"Sure, it'd be nice to get some coffee now."

They left for the nearest cafe and sat at a window seat. The waiter came with two large lattes as they talked and reminiscined. Wooyoung was still loud like she remembered. He was even louder when they were high school. He would often be scolded by the teachers. But also to her slight surprise, he was extremely professional when they worked on the contract. Byeol got to know that he too, was going to attend the reunion.

Haneul suddenly got a text in the middle of her work from Byeol and saw that it was some voice texts. The volume was full on and when she put the phone to her ear, she swore her ear had fallen off. Some unearthly sreeching and screaming could be heard from the speakers as the volume was full on. She got really embarrassed as there were people around her and only shook her head. Byeol would always do this. She didn't change one bit. But yet, Haneul loved her silliness.

-

The night came and Haneul was finally home, only to be greeted with the delicious smell of fried chicken and some faint laughter, coming from the inside. The others must've ordered food while she was away. She prayed that they didn't finish all of it. But considering how much of eaters the three of them were, it's probably gone.

She greeted them and took a quick shower before slipping into her pyjamas and going into the living room, joining the rest. Gosh, I missed this so freaking much. She thought.

Bom was telling Byeol about her boyfriend, Jongho. She met him while was studying in the US. He came to Seoul too. Haru chimed in saying that she was practically drooling over him even though Jongho was a year younger than them.

"No I did not! In fact he said he liked me from way before. It was love at first sight!"

Haru snorted causing all of us to laugh.

That's why Bom was away all day long. Haru also told them how the job was going. She was an internal medicine doctor and Bom, a general surgeon. Byeol also told them how the new company's EIC turned out to be Jung Wooyoung. The world was extremely small, she thought.

They talked and laughed a lot and eventually, the topic of the reunion came up.

"Han, you have to come this time. Don't say no, " Haru spoke as she put the last piece of chicken in her mouth. She literally had to wrestle with Byeol for that. Of course, Byeol lost.

Bom nodded. "Yes, Han. You have to. You've been avoiding it for the past few years. But not this time. We're not taking no for an answer."

Haneul scratched her head. "I don't know guys. You know I don't like seeing them."

"We know. But Han, it's been 6 years. It's time for a change. And don't let them get to you. They're nothing compared to you, " Bom embraced her as she spoke. "You've been through a lot but you know we're always gonna be here for you."

"Also, I bought a dress for you to wear. I was walking in the mall one day when I saw this and it was SO beautiful, it instantly reminded me of you. So you have to come." Bom added, her tone rising a bit as she got really excited.

"Oh so that's why you asked for my size when we talked the last time. Wah, you sneaky bitch."

"So, are you coming?" Haru asked. "Okay, okay. I'll go, but promise me you guys won't leave my side." Haneul said as she sipped on her coke. Byeol screeched as she pulled in her for a tight hug.

"Of course. That's a given. We promise not to leave you, even for a split second." Haru said as she rubbed Haneul's back affectionately.

"Now where is that dress? Lemme see it!" Haneul's excited tone made them all smile. She was finally coming out of her shell and they couldn't be more relieved.

Since Haneul was going to attend, she decided to tell San.

Kim Haneul
Hey San. I just wanted to tell you that I'm gonna go to the reunion. Are you still going?

San answered a few minutes later. He was a bit startled by the sudden text from her considering it was 3 in the morning. He was working on a presentation for his class when his phone lit up. It made him immediately smile.

Choi San
That's great news! And yes, I'm still going. Why aren't you sleeping? It's really late.

Haneul chuckled softly, trying not to wake up the others. If they did, gosh the amount of teasing she was going to hear, she could only shake her head at that. It would become a never ending thing.

Kim Haneul
My friends came back from the US and we're having a sleepover at my place. So yeah, that's why. Did I wake you? I'm so sorry if I did.

Choi San
No, not at all. I was working on a presentation so it's fine. But go to sleep. Don't you have work tomorrow?

Kim Haneul
Yeah. The girls just fell asleep so I did some cleaning that's all. So I guess I'll go now. Good Night.
Kim Haneul
Oh and do you wanna have lunch tomorrow with us?

Choi San
Sure, I'd love that. See you tomorrow and sweet dreams!

An unconscious smile spread on his face as he sent in the last text.

-

A/N:
Hellloooooo. Very sorry for the huge ass chapter. This is by far the longest one i've written and I hope it doesn't seem like a drag and makes sense to you ;-;
Everyone stay safe and stay home!
Till next time<3
Word count: 1707