And we're live!

I woke up to Luke gently shaking my shoulder. "It's 2:19, pm," Luke whispered, "time to get ready for the interviews." I get up and groan, this is going to be a long day.

It started with one of my most painful makeup sessions yet. Something Velavia called Beauty Base Zero. And in all honesty, I was scared. Instantly they ran a cold bath and scrubedd me raw, followed by shampooing my tangled, red hair.

I was then layed across a table and waxed from head to toe. I was red and even bleeding a little, as velavia lowered me into some kind of oil bath. It was so, extremly soothing, I almost refuseed to budge. But in the end, I had to.

The next step was makeup. Not much gossip was spoken. Just silence. Once again, I had no mirror to see what was going on. I felt mascara, blush, lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner, everything.

My makeup was intense, finishing with curling my eyelashes. Step four, the little details. My fingernails were painted a bronze color with silver details of small lions and dragons. Amazing what Hayes can do with a small brush.

Step five: hair. Instead of the usual curl my hair was straightened, which brought it down to my shoulder blades. My hair was tied back, into a massy waterfall braid, which I suppose is a style.

Silver bangles were hung from my wrists and bronze earrings dangled down to my collarbone. My silver 4 inch heels were strapped on and I was left in my silk robe.

A few minutes later, Luke walked in. Instinctively I close my eyes and receive a chuckle. My robe is removed and soft fabric is brushed against my skin.

I open my eyes to see a stunning metal bodes with a gold fabric, with a metallic glint, flowing down past my ankles. Little designs that match my nails are engraved into my top and a white sash is tied around my waist.

I notice the white ribbon embedded in my braid along with the white accent on my eyes and shoes. Not to toot my own horn, but I am drop dead gorgeous.

"Oh Luke, you've done it again." I say smiling at my reflection in the mirror. This man never seizes to amaze me.

He helps me down from my perch and escorts me to the backstage area.

"Are you ready?" Luke asks me. He appears generally concerned, assuming I am not he plays the role for the burn of us, "I'm perfectly okay," I counter, "I just have no idea what to say or how to act."

I sigh as we reach the waiting area where Luke has to turn back, "I have a grand idea," he chirps, "why don't you be yourself and answer from your heart."

I nod and give him a tight squeeze.after this if only see him once more. I took a seat next to Richard and waited. He was in a stunning silver tux with metallic accents. His hair was sleeked back and a bejeweled flower was in his chest pocket.

We sat in silence just enjoying each others company when Conner Flickerman opened to the crowd and a small buzz started in my ear. I didn't notice district one's interviews but I was called to stage left and prepared to go on. Live.

"And now," Conner laughed, shooing away Val, "from district 2 we have the lovely Ailbe!" The crowd erupted into applause at my dress as it glinted in the bright lights.

Conner made a show of covering his eyes and I apologized receiving and awe from the crowd.

"Soooo Ailbe," Conner cooed at me, "you look stunning! And I know you must have someone watching back home that might be missing you a little more. Than. Every. One. Else." He teased me by poking my shoulder getting a squeal from the front few rows.

"Well." I said not sure what to say. My mind went to the thought of Aden, but I wasn't sure how to admit my love for him on television. LIVE television.

"Spill!" Conner urged. I sighed and smiled at him, "only if you promise not to tell," I teased, "there is someone back home, but I'm not sure we feel the same about each other."

Gasps and screeches came from the audience, but I stared into the camera, "hopefully he knows who he is."

Conner nodded, "and I'm sure he does, an I right folks?" This got an outstanding cheer from everyone, even the camera men, "and I just know you'll do everything to get back to him."

I nodded and looked off stage to Rich and the twins, "I have my allies and I have people who want me dead and people who I want dead." This shocked the crowd and that made me happy, "some people struggle with the fact that they'll have to kill, but it doesn't phase me."

Conner let out a laugh, along with the audience, "my my, a confident one here! And what gives you this confidence?" He asks me. For this one I take a moment to think.

"I trust in myself, my allies as what I've learned. I can wield almost any weapon so I'm set for the cornucopia-"

"You're running in then?" Conner cuts me off,
"but of course!" I reply, "you can't survive without some kind of supplies, right?" He nodded taking in everything I had just said.

"Well," he sighed, "looks like our time is up. We all wish you the best of luck in the arena, Ailbe, stay strong!" The crowd cheers as I walk to the back of the stage and sit on my assigned stool.

I can't hear Richard's interview, but by the faces and noises if the crowd he's doing good. When he comes back he gives me a hug, obviously he had been talking of protecting me. The crowd goes ballistic.

They barley notice the district 3 girl. And this makes me happy. I'm set for the games and I almost, just almost, have it in the bag.