Boot camp day 1

"RISE AND SHINE!" echoed throughout our floor. I wiped the sleep from my eyes and decided not to look at the time.

I rolled into the floor and stretched out. My pajamas were soaked through with sweat from a nightmare I didn't remember. As I was sprawled across the cold tile, Luke and my prep team came in.

Velavia and Hayes hauled me off to the bathroom where, thankfully, they shaved me and washed out my sweaty locks. "What happened to you!" Velavia asked, obviously not looking for an answer.

After about 20 minutes, I was so fresh and so clean clean. Luke then came in. In his hands were my training gear.

A tight spandex-like material made up the jumper with boots and a sweatshirt. Luke put my hair up in a pony tail and looked me in the eye, "you're looking amazing, blow em' up."

He kissed my forehead and left me to Sid and Richard. We rode the elevator down to the training center.

We were one of the first to get there. The only others were the morphing addicts from 3 and the phsycos from 12.

Richard went to the bow and arrow station and I headed over to the climbing / agility course. The man in charge had me work on upper body strength.

I was finishing up some pull-ups when the guy from 5, mason in pretty sure, came over. "Perfect!" The man clapped, "you two will race. Take your marks."

Not sure what else to do, I took my mark next to mason. A horn went off and I ran. I jumped up and grabbed onto the rope. I scaled it easily and ran across the branch.

Next were some monkey bars, but they were uneven. I crossed it carefully, mason just ahead of me. Obstacle number 2 was a spider web climber-thing. As I'm wearing through the nets I hear angry cursing. As I exit the maze I look back to see mason all tangled up.

Finally I got to the last course. I had to leap from limb to limb, and no fall to my death. As I begin, I hear the pounding steps of an angry tribute. Mason is gaining on me.

I'm a third of the way across. Half way. Three quarters. Then bam! Something slams into my shoulder. I'm falling forward. Desperately, I grab onto the closest solid object, which happened to be mason. We both tumble to the floor.

He is outraged. Mason grabs a dagger from the nearest table an advances me. I quickly grab the closest weapon, a spear, and braced myself.

Mason kicked me in the stomach an I flew back, hitting the wall. By now, everyone had their eyes on us. He charged.

I took aim. Three, two, one. The spear flew. Pinning Mason against the wall, my spear lodged itself near his shoulder. A trickle of blood dripped to the floor and an avox walked this way.

The girl tossed the spear on the floor, and guided mason to the infirmary. Calmly, I placed the spear on the rack and headed over to the first aid section.

Ignoring everyone's eyes, I began to fashion a sling out of vines and twigs. It wasn't long until someone tapped me on the shoulder. When I turned around, I was facing the duo from 1.

Val was twirling a lock of hair in between her fingers. "You were pretty good right there," she said, giggling, "we want you in our career pack!" Kian nodded in agreement.

I ripped the sling from my arm an stood up to face her. I was taller then both of them, and they were already intimidated. "I'm sorry," I cooed, "but I don't team with spoiled brats that can barley do a thing for themselves."

Kian and Val were shell shocked. Both of them immediately wanted me dead. They stormed away a began to practice their murder skills, Val with a bow and kian with a sword.

Both were number 1 on my kill list.

I can't believe I'm thinking like that! It's only been one day and I'm already plotting to murder people. This was going to be harder and harder to act "weak"

As I moved on to the edible plant station, the blind 14 year old boy from 4 was fumbling with a bow. I sighed and walked over to him.

"Hey," I said. Eire jerked around and pointed an arrow, backwards, at me, "what do you want Ailbe, I don't need any trouble." I took the arrow from his hands, flipped it around around and placed it in the bow, "I just wanna help you," I said, calmly.

Eire's face lightened up. "Guide me to the shooting range, please." I put a hand on his shoulder as he strapped the arrows to his back.

I put him in the middle of the room. "Close the windows." He said, and I did as he said. I set it up and waited for him to begin.

The dark room lit up with glowing figures. As they whizzed around the room, Evan hit them all.

In the end he had only missed one because I had coughed. "How did you do that!" I asked, excitedly.

"I've practiced," he replied simply, "I'll teach you, it's a good skill." And we began my blind training.