THE GRASP.(CHAPTER-7)

As the sun sank below the horizon strange noises had already started coming from all around.I said Kathy to take Bett and stay inside.The constant threat of rain was also terrifying me .Once it would start raining all our fires would extinguish paving a easy path for the zombies.

Sitting inside the broken house with Kathy and Bett beside me I was looking out through a broken hole hordes of the zombies were coming towards us .

"They could smell living beings up to a large distance."Kathy said slowly .And for a moment I remained quit then I realized that she had said something I didn't had noticed yet.

"You are correct !!"I said in a remarkable voice.Kathy looked at me and said "But it's of no use rather it makes easier for them to find a living being no one can hide from them."She looked quit disappointing.

I opened my rifle took 3 tranquilizers out only 5 more left in it now.I loaded the rifle gave it to Kathy she was looking to me in a questionable face she was just about to ask .I said "Kathy you need to stay here with Bett and just press the trigger to shoot aiming the zombies head when it approaches near me ."

  "Where are you going ???"Kathy asked in a worried voice .

"Listen Kathy as you said they have strong sense of smell for which they are getting attracted towards us and the thing what I know is they are very little aware of there surrounding and their brain capacity also seems to be less then humans."I said .

"So what can you do by knowing the facts."Kathy asked.

"No more time just support me aim and shoot their heads ."Saying this I jumped out of the house with 3 tranquilizers in my hand and a shot gun which I knew was of no use.

"Mason just stop else I am also coming with you now !!!"Kathy shouted from behind.

"I need to hide our presence from them don't be a kid Kathy else I gonna ask Bett for help."I  said in a sardonic way .

"Fine turn into a zombie "Kathy said in a angry voice but I knew she would never leave me alone.

I picked up a burning wood kept the shot gun in my pocket with tranquilizers in my hand I headed towards my car .I opened the door of my car and started searching for my equipment box .

A sharp sound of shoot as I turned back a zombie was falling down on the ground with a tranquilizer in it's head I looked towards Kathy she was holding the rifle looking at me .I never knew she had been so good in aiming.

I turned back and started searching for it again finally I found it near the back seat .Taking out the box I opened it and took out a acid used in operations it has a strong smell .I was having two bottles of it. I took them out and a water bottle mixed them together and started pouring them all around the house. A zombie was just about to attack me I pushed the zombie aside and pierced the tranquilizer in it's head.

After pouring the acid mixed water all around I went back to the house .Took the rifle from Kathy loaded the remaining two tranquilizers in it and shooted the zombies who already had entered .

I was hopefully observing that it may work and yes it worked !!!.The zombies seemed to have failed to smell us and were gradually moving away.

I took a deep breath of respite and stretching my legs I laid back .Bett came near me and hugged me I kissed his forehead .The way he was struggling with us being a small child was really inspiring .

Bett slept hugging me I asked Kathy to sleep also "You also need to sleep else you will fall ill."Kathy said me .

"Ok I will first you sleep."I said.

No sleep left really I was dead tired and I could also feel the tiredness within me but my brain was not ready for a sleep .Anxiety will keep hurting my brain until all the things aren't clear to me.

The next morning another sleepless night for me but I woke up and was ready to go near Harper .I can't leave Kathy and Bett alone any more I asked them to get ready and pack up the things and we went.

We were on our way I heard some noise from my engine and the car stopped all of a sudden .I came out opened the front and was trying to find the fault in the engine .

As I was working on it Kathy and Bett were inside the car suddenly I heard some one coming out of the forest. I stood up slowly and asked Kathy for the rifle holding the rifle I kept my finger on the trigger and suddenly from the side two bears came out and yes they are infected too !!!.

I stepped forward slowly to divert there attention towards me and said Kathy to close the windows of the car.

They started moving towards me I took the aim and shoot one the other came running towards me .I turned away and as I was about to shoot no tranquilizers came out !!!