2: The Girl's Team

Start from the beginning

"Guys you won't believe what Kazzy did! I do my think even Ushiwaka in all his glory has done this!" Tendō announced as we arrived at the team table.

"What did she do?"

"How could it be better than our ace?"

"You can't just leave us hanging like that, Tendō!"

"Geez, scoot over." Tendō said, "I'll tell you once we're sitting."

"Hey Kaz, how was practice this morning?" Akakura asked from across the table as Tendō and I sat down.

"It was great, made a big impression on the rest of the team." I sent him a grin, "All in all, I'm really happy how it went."

"So, what oh-so-awesome thing happened that not even Ushiwaka could do?"

"Well, I'm sure he could do it if he really wanted to, but I hit ten balls in a row in front of the ten foot, straight down." All of the boys eyes widened, except for Ushiwaka because he was never phased by anything.

"Damn girl, upstaging everyone huh? How'd Chiyako do with that?" Yunohama asked, to which I shrugged.

"I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention to everyone's perception of me." I stated, and the rest of lunch whizzed by.

"I'll walk you back to class." Ushiwaka said to me, and literally all of the boys did a double take. Did their stoic leader, who never showed any interest in any of the other girls around, actually show some in the new first year?

"Awww man, I was gonna do that!" Tendō complained. I just laughed.

"You can both walk me if you're that stubborn about it." I snickered, running a hand through my hair.

"Nahhh, I'll leave you both alooone." He patted Ushiwaka on the shoulder. "Go get em, champ." He mumbled, sending a wink as he pranced away.

"He sure is a character, isn't he?" I smiled as I watched the redhead leave, and Ushiwaka nodded in agreement. "Well then, shall we?"

The first years were not expecting the school volleyball idol to appear at the door with one of their classmates, who was smiling and chatting up a storm. "See you later Ushiwaka! Have a good practice!"

"You too." He nodded his goodbye, turning and walking his way to his own class.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW USHIWAKA, KAZ-CHAN?!" One of my female classmates demanded, running up to me.

"Oh, I practiced with him the other day, lots a fun!" I told her, "Why? Is there something weird about it?"

"Well yeah!" Another person joined the discussion. "He literally has no emotion, never really interacts with anyone outside of volleyball or classes, but man he's so cool!" The two began gushing about having seen a game of his last year and how powerful he was.

I sneakily avoided the rest of the conversation, heading to my desk and plopping down in my seat.

Soon enough, school ended and it was time for practice. It wasn't too tiring, just some passing drills and some six on six cause that's a must.

After practice as I was leaving the gym, my phone rang from inside my bag. Fumbling around, I grabbed it and answered. "Hey."

"You will not BELIEVE what happened to me Kazane!" My brother complained over the phone, causing me to stifle a chuckle.

"Oh no, what ever could it be?" I snickered.

"Shut up, this is serious! They kicked me out of the gym! So remember that one game with the orange haired kid last year?"

"I guess? The one who jumped high af?" I asked, and he hummed confirmation.

"Yeah, well apparently he goes to Karasuno as well. Then he challenged me, got us kicked out of the gym and our applications rejected!" Tobio growled.

"Wait seriously?" I laughed out loud, hard. "Maaan how bad was it?"

"Awful. Daichi, our captain, said we won't be accepted until we learn to work together. So I proposed a two on two against them. Apparently we're gonna be doing a three on three along with Tanaka, a second year, against the other two first years. The penalty for losing is I can't be the setter, what the hell?!" Tobio ranted, and I stopped dead in my tracks.

"I'm so sorry." I held my hand over my mouth. I knew how much my brother loved and craved being the setter, and being denied that... I couldn't even imagine what he's feeling right now.

"It's only if we lose, so that just means we can't." He sighed, and I could tell he was having a hard time.

"KAGEYAMA! Come on we need to practice!"

"Shut up moron, I know that!" He snapped, "Sorry, I have to go."

"No worries. How about I come help you guys this weekend?"

"The game is this weekend, dumbass."

"You didn't say that!" I pouted, "but hey, maybe I can play with you guys instead of that Tanaka dude."

"I doubt it, but you can at least help me warm up."

"True. Okay then, see you this weekend. Make sure to keep calling me and keeping me updated, yeah?"

"Whatever." I could literally hear his scowl, causing me to laugh slightly. "Bye Kazane."

"Bye little bro, love ya!" I exclaimed, then ended the call.

"Little bro, huuuuuh?" I heard a voice beside me, and I jumped as my eyes shot to the person.

"Don't do that Tendō! Scared the crap outta me." I scowled at him as he laughed, holding his stomach.

"You face was priceless!" He wheezed.

"What are you even doing here?" I asked, pursing my lips as I picked my bag back up and stuffed my phone into the outside pocket.

"I came to walk you back to your dorm~" The redhead sang, "shall we?"

"Sure I guess. Where's Goshiki?" I asked, because it would make more sense if he walked me back.

"He went on ahead when I told him I'd walk you back. You guys are roomies right?" Tendō said, and I nodded.

"Yeah."

"Anyway, let's go and you can tell me how practice went!" He slung his arm around my shoulders as we started walking towards the dorms.

"You really like physical contact don't you?" I raised an eyebrow at him as he shrugged.

"Eh what can I say! Beings us closer, don't cha think?" The redhead grinned, and I shook my head with silent laughter.

"Suppose so." That night we officially became best friends and I don't regret it for a second.