Chapter 48

Gauri rushed to open the door and when she saw Omkara standing there waiting with a basket she immediately closed the door softly behind her as not wake Bhavya who was still soundly asleep.

"What are you doing here?"

"Care basket."

Omkara gently set the blue basket that was filled with tea, biscuits, aromatic incenses, and therapeutic scented candles. But what caught her eyes were two tickets protruding out.

"What are these?"

"Spa. I heard women love these kind of things. You can go anytime and will get the first class treatment. I figured after a long night you and Bhavya might want to use them."

"But....so...expensive...."

Gauri wanted to just push the basket back into his hands but she was startled when his warm fingers brushed against her cheeks.

"Don't just worry about taking care of others. If you can't take care of yourself then let me do it."

He could tell by the bags under her eyes that she must still be very tired. She was the type of person who would put the ones she loves first.

Gauri did not know what to say. She has always been taking care of others even if it meant over exerting herself. Her mother had always needed constant care but in the end she still lost her. How could she let anything happen to Bhavya? She was the only one left in her life until...him. With a feeling of embarrassment Gauri could only look down at the basket. The feeling of being taken care of was addictive and she was too scared to want more. Her heart trembled and her mind started to remind her "don't love too deeply....you can't get out....you will be buried alive...."

When Omkara notice her arms trembling he quickly grabbed the basket and set it down in order to pull her into his arms.

"Don't be scared. It's okay. Slowly trust me. I will slowly show you that you can trust me as long as you give me a chance."

Lifting up her head to meet his caring and serious gaze Gauri's hands grasped his waist tightly. She felt that as long as she can hold him maybe she could change. Maybe she could forget the past and learn to believe in him. However the image of her father walking out on her and her mother flashed in her mind. Gauri tried to shake the image away but her heart started to hurt once again.

"I...will try but you must tell me if it becomes too hard. I will understand."

Hearing her soft voice trembling Omkara pinched her chin and pressed his warm lips against hers. He could taste the mint in her mouth as he deepen the kiss to let her know he was angry. How could he give up so easily? Never.

"It will only be hard if you stop me Gauri."

They held each other silently for another minute before Gauri's palms pushed them apart.

"Thank you but you should go before Bhavya wakes up."

Omkara's eyes narrowed in displeasure for a second unbeknownst to Gauri. His greed and selfishness was wanting to emerge and take his woman away but that would definitely scare her.

"Okay. Call me if you need anything."

"I will."

He didn't want to get back in his car but his phone was now ringing off the hook.

"Must be important. You better hurry to work."

But when Omkara saw Rudra's name flashing on his phone his eyes darkened. "Too many people disrupting their 2 person world right now. Annoying."

"Okay. You take care of yourself."

When his car finally disappeared Gauri took the basket inside the house.