Chapter 38

Gauri had only 30 minutes left until the work day would come to an end. She had worked tirelessly on this dress for hours and to know that it's fate was to be ruined by another made her feel very bitter. Even though she did not put forth 100 percent of her passion into the dress but it was still her creation. Feeling a bit sadden about it's future Gauri ran her soft fingers across the embroidery that her Boss had praised earlier.

"Could he be Dilpreet?" Gauri thought to herself.

His height, hair, and even his voice reminded her of Dilpreet but why would her Boss conceal himself? He didn't seem like the type to be infatuated with someone like her. In her mind he was a very professional person and for a busy man like himself he wouldn't have time to parade around incognito. However, that smell of ginger a while ago has been bothering her .

"What if he was Dilpreet? Why me? No. Can't be. Can not. Absolutely not."

As she was busy contemplating about her new found suspicion Dilpreet's words started to sink in. "Gauri....if...I mean..when you find out who I am....would it weigh more than the feelings you might have for me?" Did he fear that he was someone too high for her to reach? If so then he was right because things would become to burdensome.

Gauri started to feel her chest tighten as she let out a long sigh.

"Tired already?"

Gauri's brows furrowed as she heard Riddhima's voice.

"Hard work will always make one tired."

When she saw Riddhima walk into the fabric room with her 4 inch black heels she could see the woman's eyes glaring at her dress that was half way to completion.

Riddhima couldn't believe how much progress Gauri has gotten in just one day especially after what happened over the weekend. This just made her even more spiteful as she circled around the stunning dress.

"You are truly something Gauri. Here I was thinking that you would need me to help you after what had happened Saturday."

Riddhima did not try to hide her sarcastic smirk as she continued to remind Gauri of that night.

"Did you know everyone at lunch was asking me what happened. I tried to say your friends had come just in time to save you but as you know I was too busy fending for myself to actually know what happened. So don't be sadden if you hear some very distasteful rumors about yourself. Who knows how far that man really got with you....."

Riddhima was waiting to see Gauri's expression of pain and hurt but when she saw how compose Gauri was her hatred grew even more. "Did this woman not care about her reputation?! She had to be faking. There is no way a village girl like her would not be effected by these type of rumors."

Gauri found it very amusing to see Riddhima being so vexed with her lack of interest in the so-called rumors about herself.

"You don't have to pretend in front of me Gauri. We are both women here. If you need someone to lean on I will be there for you. After all...us women should always stick together. I will try my best to correct the rumors but....you know how these rumors goes...the more you try to deny them the more people tend to believe them. If things get too stressful I can tell Ms. Jhanvi...."

"No need."

Riddhima clenched both her fists when she saw the smirk on Gauri's face.

"Words that come from those I do not care about will not effect me in anyway. Ms. Jhanvi can see for herself if these rumors has any effect on my work."

This time it was Gauri who was circling around her own dress and even running her fingers up and down the silky fabric.

"What do you think about the dress so far? Even the Boss had made a comment about how impress he was with my embroidery. As he is someone I regard as important to my career...his words meant a great deal. You can even say he gave me the much needed motivation to finish this dress on time. So how can I let rumors from the mouths of people I don't see become an obstacle?"