Chapter 25

For the entire day Gauri never stepped foot out of the fabric room except for the occasional bathroom break. When she heard that the Boss was ordering lunch for the entire department Gauri breathed out a sigh of relief because she didn't want to be bothered by the likes of Ajay or Ishana in the canteen. It didn't take long for Gauri to pick up the scent of food coming her way and when she opened her lunch she was even more thrilled that it was a dish full of vegetables in a light sauce. She didn't even realize how hungry she was until she had practically devoured everything in less than 5 minutes. Good thing her Boss even bought them hot tea with the meal because once she took a sip Gauri felt her fatigue immediately fade away.

"So good."

Staring at his computer screen Omkara was all smiles. His eyes were glued to Gauri the moment the lunch was delivered into the fabric room. He even laid out his lunch portion out on his desk waiting to eat lunch with her but when she started to scarf down the food Omkara couldn't keep up.

"Khanna you did well. She seem to really like the food."

From out of the corner was Khanna who felt like he had just received another lease on life.

"Thank you Boss."

"Seems like you even made an effort to keep that tea pretty hot. How did you manage when the restaurant is 20 minutes away? I can't even see the steam coming from my own cup."

Of course Khanna had put in great effort today after almost losing his life yesterday. He had purposely grabbed Gauri's lunch and tea and zapped it in the microwave before sending it her way.

"Sorry Boss. Next time I will make sure your tea is hot."

"No need. You did good today."

The smile on his Boss's face was enough to cool the puddle of sweat forming on his back.

"Boss is totally smitten. So dangerous! This is worse then when he was just a workaholic." Khanna cried to himself.

Letting herself lean back in her chair Gauri stared at the dress that she meticulously was working on. She managed to complete the top portion of the dress which was of course the easy part. With only 2 more hours left in the day Gauri would have to spend most of her time embroidering along the hem of the dress. This task will take her a few days to complete but once she does the dress that she had design on paper will come alive. The more she looked at her hard work the more she worried because Riddhima had not bother to make an appearance at all and Jhanvi's words were a constant reminder. "Do not let this dress out of your sight." Gauri hated the fact that she knew this dress of hers was not safe if she left it's sight.

"I guess this is the only way to get peace of mind."

Taking out her shears Gauri cuts out enough fabric to make a duplicate top.

When Omkara saw her actions his lips curved up into a sly smile.

"So cunning."

By doing this Gauri figured that this was the safest way to go to ensure the safety of her dress. Granted this means she had to work twice as much but in the end it would be worth it. Looking at the clock again Gauri almost forgot to text Dilpreet to let him know that she didn't want to stay overtime today since she was just too tired from lack of sleep.

TEXT

Gauri: Dilpreet you don't have to pick me up tonight since I'm leaving work on time today. I will just catch the bus at 5:00.

Dilpreet: I can pick you up at 5. I just left work and will be borrowing Rudra's car to run some errands. I will be in the area. You can save money on bus fare.