prologue

narrative

Islas flight home was horrible

All she could think about was how she already missed her friends and boyfriend.
It didn't help that she sat next to a disrespectful man that kept commenting on her looks, but she tried ignoring him by watching out the window; watching as she flew overseas and soon enough touched down in Gatwick airport.

It was not that she wasn't t excited to get home; ofcourse she was. She had missed her family and British friends, and she couldn't wait to be reunited with them.
But London simply just wasn't the place she wanted be, at all.
After many long hugs at the airport, she returned to back to her house. It was weird seeing her room, her bathroom and lay in own her bed.
It didn't feel right.
It didn't feel right when he wasn't laying besides her.

The two lovers FaceTimed once a day, sometimes even more. Isla stayed up the whole night, just to talk to him and he did the same for her; the different time zones messing up both of their sleep schedules, but none of them cared.
They needed each other. And only after a few hours apart both of them needed one another's touch.

"I wish I could fuck you through the phone"

"Of course you do, Mattia"

For Isla it felt completely unnatural seeing the summer passing by in New Jersey on her friends snapchat stories, without being there herself.
And that's why she couldn't wait to be back.

On July 15th everything was settled; Isla had gotten permission to have another exchange year and in only a few days she would be on her way back to New Jersey.
On her way home.

Mary's thoughts: I'm making a sequellllll Get ready, 'cause senior year is going to be crazy

Mary's thoughts:
I'm making a sequellllll
Get ready, 'cause senior year is going to be crazy