chapter 37

"without warning us even a week before, they want to see us tonight?", taeyong questioned mark

"without warning us even a week before, they want to see us tonight?", taeyong questioned mark. he nodded as he gave the letter to him. "they even have chenle held captive?"

"yes", mark said in response. "we need to ready everyone while renjun is still searching about the place he said to meet up at"

"we're taking everyone, including renjun and jungwoo", taeyong said seriously. he knew that jungwoo was still not fully cured, but it was a big mission. "we'll wait outside the building while jaemin and yeonha go in"

"but that's too dangerous!", johnny butted in. "they need someone with them"

"we can't do that, johnny", taeyong said. "we don't know how much backup they have. they could possibly have more than hundreds"

"mark, go and tell everyone to get ready", taeyong ordered. "we have three hours before the said time, it'll take an hour to get there. load the van with our weapons already"

"i'll be on it", mark said and left taeyong's office.

"johnny, if anything bad happens to me tonight, you'll become the leader of nct", taeyong said in a serious tone as he sat down on his desk chair, then covering his face with his hands as he thought about the whole situation.

i was in renjun's office as i was helping him locate the building as he hacked into the nearby buildings with security cameras.

"the security cameras closest to the place is a kilometer away from it", i said but he remained quiet the whole time. he wouldn't keep his eyes off the monitor as he was focused. "renjun, can you at least reply or talk?"

"i'm trying to focus, yeonha, please be quiet", he said as he started to do his own thing as i just watched him. this continued for the next hour.

i was scared, but i knew i had to keep calm. confronting someone who i first called out for when i woke up from that coma, is now asking me to meet him in an abandoned building. i was in the middle of being scared and not. i mean, it's just my dad, right?

"yeonha, it's time for you to gear up", jeno spoke when he had opened the door. "hurry up"

"i'll see you later, injun", i said and followed jeno to the basement, where the equipment and gear was.

he handed me a bulletproof vest, a belt to hold the guns in and a dagger and a pistol. he also placed the dagger and pistol in the belt.

"wear an all black outfit and make sure to wear a jacket", jeno said. "i have to help with loading the van, jaemin will help you now"

jeno had left the basement while jaemin just arrived, he was wearing a black v-neck tshirt, jeans and military styled boots. he got the bulletproof vest and helped me wear it. i noticed he was wearing one, as well as jeno.