6.SOUL

''Know the answer!? Yeah right, Zayd.I know that you are a very generous man and all...but come on I can't stay in your house forever--"

''Aslan, you know you don't have to stay forever...besides do you really hate my place so much??" Zayd cut Aslan midsentence and pulled him towards the fluffy Sofa in the living room.

As they both sat down on either sides of the sofa with an already comfortably sitting Aliyah on the other side Aslan quickly spoke up.

''No! You know I didn't mean that...its not about your place it's just that....''he trailed off.

He knew he couldn't tell him the actuall reason.

Despite the creepy feeling that bugged him all the time,he didn't wish to upset Khan, who so generously let him stay in his house.

He didn't wish to upset him saying that he sensed something odd and supernatural in his house.

His house,which he built with such beauty and also invited him over to stay in adverse conditions.

He didn't invite him to critisize the place.To call it haunted or conjured!

Just a few words of praise for his effortfully built home were more than enough.

As a gratitude for his help,he could do the least was keep quiet.

Neither of them spoke for a while.

The only sound was of the harsh pattering of the stormy rain against the balcony windows & the shuffling of T.V.channels done by Aliyah.

''Hot Choclate.Gonna make some for myself.Anyone else?''Aliyah stood from her seat placing the remote on the corner table.

She moved into the kitchen seeing that Aslan shook his head which meant a 'no'.

"Hey!!You asked 'anyone else?' doesn't that include me?!"an offended Zayd yelled at Aliyah who had disappeared into the kitchen.

''Whatever I say never includes you.''Aliyah answered from the kitchen.

''Whatever...make mine extra sweet.'' Zayd spoke in a commanding tone.

"I dont take orders from you''she bit back.

"Aslan!" Zayd called his name out of nowhere even when he was sitting right in front of him.

''Eh..Yeah!?"Aslan asked uncertainly at his sudden outburst.

But he was ignored completely.

He understood at once he was not addressing him but Aliyah.

"He needs Hot choclate,won't you make some for him?He's our guest!" Zayd spoke drammatically.

"If he wants some he can ask for it himself. You don't need to play games here."she bit back yet again.

"Play games!!?? I'm not playing games.Aslan is a shy boy and I'm just trying to help--

She cut him saying "Really now.You don't help others by taking away their hot choclate in the course."

She came out of the kitchen holding two mugs of choclate.

"Thankyo-- "Zayd extended his hand to take one mug but Aliyah snatched it away.

"One for me & one for Aslan..."Aliyah began.

Aslan was about to interupt with an expression of 'You-didn't-need-to' when she continued as though she was never interupted.

"--incase he just needs it." she plopped down on the nearest sofa with a mug in hand and snatching back the remote from Zayd who had just tried to steal it.