Chapter 1: Starting the road to number three, Auditions

It was October and it was also the start of the 2012-13 dancing season for the Abby Lee Dance Company and in the previous season, they successfully defended their national title, holding off Cathy and the Candy Apples. In the parking lot, the moms and girls had all arrived and there were a lot of hugs, but the only ones that weren't there for some reason was Kendall and Jill.

"Does anyone know where Kendall and Jill are?" Holly asked.

"No, i tried calling, but she didn't answer." Kelly replied.

"Me too." Christi stated.

"Maybe we'll know something from Abby, her kids or the faculty." Melissa said, then they walked in, greeted Lauren, Skye and Megan and began doing a little dance, but that ended once they heard some familiar footsteps, the door from the Dancer's Den opened and coming in was Abby and Shane.

"All right." Abby simply said before she and Shane began removing one the covered photos and gave it to Shane as he put it in the trash. "We aren't doing a pyramid now."

"What that means is that it is back to the drawing board, we aren't happy with the people that aren't here and we're also not happy with the people that are here." Shane stated. "There were six group routines, some of you know two and some you know one of them, that isn't gonna be a winning dance. Here's the thing, while me and mom were gone filing her other show in L.A., we had guest choreographers who are friends of my mom's to come into the studio and work with you on those routine, but then we get word from the faculty that no one except for Maddie, Mackenzie and Chloe showed up and you know know that makes us look bad."

"You all had two solos ready to go last season before we even began this new competition season. We didn't find out that people were not here until Shane got a call from Gianna who informed him that it was tough to get a great routine together with only three kids were there and he gave me the heads up and that makes us look bad." Abby added.

"When i Megan and i was dancing for mom, we came to the summer classes during the break to set new goals, overcame new obstacles and improve." Shane told them.

"They sure did, you could learn a thing or two from them." Abby said as she removed the other photos and threw them in the teash. "So therefore, no pyramid."

"This upcoming weekend, we'll be heading to Denver, Colorado to compete at In10sity Dance and just to let you know, we're gonna hold an audition because we're replacing Kendall." Shane informed. "You'll be nice and kind to whoever the dancer is."

Chloe then raised her hand.

"Yes, Chloe?" Shane said.

"I'm just wondering, even though it's only the first week back, what aboud solos?" Chloe wondered.

"To tell you the truth, things are somewhat out of whack, we have no idea what we're doing and we don't knew if we're gonna do solos because of that." Abby answered. "But we can start with group dance rehearsal known as Angels and Demons, Brooke, Nia and Paige will be the demons as Maddie, Mackenzie and Chloe will be the angels. See how people not showing up affected you?"

Up in the observation room, the moms were talking about Jill and Kendall not showing up.

"You know, it feels like a breath of fresh air without Jill and Kendall being here?" Kelly observed.

"Yeah." Holly agreed.

"Jill isn't gonna crawl back." Melissa said.

"Correcto Mundo." Christi stated. "And i bet she won't even come to Shane's graduation."

"That could be a possibility." Kelly admitted as they watched the rehearsal.

The next day, Abby, Shane and Megan were at the front desk talking and it was also the day of the open call audition to replace Kendall.