Chapter 2: In10sity in the Mile High City

The Abby Lee Dance Company arrived in Denver, Colorado and were currently on the bus as they were arriving at Rangeview High School, which was where In10sity was being held at and also, it was raining and as soon as the bus came to a halt, they all got up and got off the bus and got their luggage as they made their way to the door.

"Aw, crud." Shelly stated.

"Man, i knew it was gonna rain." Megan commented.

"Us too." Skye and Lauren added.

"At least Shane warned us it would rain." Christi stated.

"You know it, he's on it when it comes to the weather when we travel." Melissa said.

"He's sure on it." Kelly complimented as they approached the door and Shane opened the door and after Abby got them checked in, they arrived at one of the rooms, which was a dance studio that was going to be used as a dressing room.

"Finally, a dance studio!" Abby exclaimed happily.

"Girls, remember this, you're the back to back national champions, so be sure to be on your best behavior so we don't want to see any of the baby-bratty crying." Shane sternly told the girls, then he turned to Mackenzie. "Get that memo?"

The girls nodded.

"Since the solos will be coming up first, could we have some guidance on the group?" Holly asked.

"We didn't think about that." Abby replied. "We have not thought about it until we see everyone and here's the thing, Holly, this is my team, i know what i'm doing and whenever myself, Shane, Megan and Gianna know what we're gonna do with the group, you'll know it and until then, shut the beak and call it a day because you're only making yourself look desperate."

"Chloe, you are the defending solost national championship winner, don't mess it up." Shane told Chloe.

"I'm not gonna mess up." Chloe declared.

"Good."

Abby, Shane, Megan, Gianna, Lauren, Skye and the moms all took their seats to watch the competition and the girls dance.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the stage Maddie, with Don't Leave Me!" Maddie came from the wings of the stage and after the music began to play, she began her dance and she did well from the beginning and once the music ended, she posed and left the stage.

"Coming to the stage, this is Chloe with Nobody's Perfect!" Chloe strutted on to the stage after hearing her routine be called and she stood in the middle of the stage, then she began dancing and she was marvelous with her dancing and was on beat. At the end of the routine, she posed and headed off stage.

"Nest we have Nia from the Abby Lee Dance Company with It Girl!" Nia walked on to the stage and after the music started, she started dancing and she was doing good at first, but however, she did two wrong turns, but she kept on dancing until the end of the music, then everybody went backstage and then Abby and Shane walked in with smiles on their faces.

"All right!" Abby cheered as she and Shane hugged Maddie and Chloe. "Maddie, Chloe, you two were fantastic with your solos! Melissa, Christi, they really have stepped up their game big time over the summer or they've paid attention to Ally."

"Maybe a combination of both." Melissa guessed.

"You got a point." Shane commented, then he turned to Nia. "Nia, we have worked with you over and over again on your turns. but you couldn't even do those turns we taught you and you did another that was good, we'll admit, but remember this, it'll matter one day when you're auditioning or are in a broadway show, you'll have to remember the choreography the way it's given to you, get the memo?"

"Yes." Nia responded and minutes later, she, Maddie, Chloe, Brooke, Paige and Ally began to get ready for the group and Mackenzie would be dancing later on after the group, then the girls headed to the stage for their group and Mackenzie's solo.

"Here is the Abby Lee Dance Company with Angels and Demons!" Maddie, Chloe, Ally, Nia, Brooke and Paige all came out and they danced really well together, especially with Ally in the group and at the end, they posed and left the stage, after the group division, the mini soloist division was next.

"Please welcome to the stage Mackenzie with Goodie Goodie!" Mackenzie headed on to the stage and after the music started, she began dancing and when she did a backflip, her left bow fell out, she froze at first, but kept on dancing and then she headed off stage and next were awards.

Mini soloist awards results:

1st - Goodie Goodie by Mackenzie

Junior soloist awards results:

2nd - Don't Leave Me by Maddie

1st - Nobody's Perfect by Chloe

Junior small group awards results:

1st - Angels and Demons by the Abby Lee Dance Company

The girls were all backstage later with Megan, Gianna, Lauren, Skye and the moms after the competition had come to a close and were talking about the competition as Abby and Shane came in.

"Congrats, girls!" Shane stated.

"Clean sweep!" Abby added as she and her son high five, then she and Shane looked at Mackenzie. "Mackenzie, there weren't a lot of people against you, so don't let it go to your head and stay humble, all right?"

"Got it." Mackenzie responded.

"Ally, thank you for being the new addition to the team." Shane told Ally, who smiled and Shelly was too. "Chloe, Maddie, you two were so fantastic, it could have gone either way. Do you see what it is like to have someone on the team that wants to work heard and be inspired, we hate to say it, that isn't Kendall.

"Here's my point of view, maybe Kendall and Jill are reacting to the way you talk to them. Maybe you two should be more encouraging." Kelly commented.

"We should've maybe done other things or at least get a thank you, but at least we get one from Christi and Melissa, Kendall's a good dancer, but recently, she's been doo dooing all over her dancing Jill has been doo dooing on this studio." Abby stated. "In this business, you keep setting new goals and if you don't like it, then there's the door because there's always another kid that's gonna step up.."

"Abby, you and the cretin you call a son are so willing to get rid of people, you both know the team made a commitment." Holly commented.

"If you don't like it, then there's the exit!" Shane shouted, then everybody exited and caught a flight back home to Chicago.