Chapter 4: Ft. Wayne sneakiness

That weekend in Fort Wayne, Indiana, the bus that had the Abby Lee Dance Company was seen pulling up to the Arts United Center auditorium where the Xpressions competition was going to be held at, it came to a stop at the entrance and fans of the Skokie, Illinois based studio were excited to see them compete. The bus doors opened and getting off was Abby, Shane, Lauren, Skye, Gianna, Megan and getting off behind them were Maddie, Chloe, Sophia, Ally, Bella, Kaeli and their moms.

"Hey, everyone!" Shane waved and Abby did the same thing. "Mom, this is big for us."

"You know it and they've got to win big time." Abby added as they went into the building and got checked in, then they saw Yvette chatting with one of the competition directors and they also saw Hadley. "Hello, Hadley, how have you been?"

"I'm doing good." Hadley answered as Abby and Shane hugged her. "How about you two?"

"We're doing good, you've been working on those feet?" Shane wondered.

"Yes."

"Good to know." Abby said as she and her son turned to Yvette, "How are you?"

"Good, how about you and your kids?"

"We're doing good." Shane replied as Yvette looked over at Megan.

"Me and my daughter haven't seen you before."

"I'm Megan Wilson and i danced for Abby when i was little and i'm an old friend of Shane and you must be Yvette Walts and that's your daughter, Hadley, right?" Megan said as she shook Yvette's hand.

"That's right." Yvette answered. "Abby, Shane, i notice you've got a new team with the exception of Maddie and Chloe."

"Once in a while, you've gotta take out the trash." Shane commented as he, Abby, Megan, Gianna, the girls and moms all went to their dressing room as Maddie, Chloe, Sophia and Ally stated getting ready since their solos would be first.

"Ally, listen up." Abby stated, looking at Ally. "The week prior, you were a part of a national championship overall high score winning team and except for Maddie and Chloe, they up and left you, so make it count."

"Got it." Ally replied as she, Maddie, Chloe and Sophia were continuing to get ready for their solos and Gloria was up to something when she took Kaeli in the rehearsal hall and Shane was watching.

"What could be going on?" Shane wondered as Megan went to talk to Sophia.

"Sophia, remember, this isn't about you, Maddie, Chloe or Hadley, we know one of you are gonna steamroll her." Megan told Sophia, who was listening and then she, Maddie, Chloe and Ally were in their costumes. "All right, solos first!"

Abby, Shane, Megan, Gianna, Bella, Kaeli and the moms went to take their seats in the third row and behind them were Yvette and the moms of THR!VE.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, taking the stage here is Ally with Forever and a Day!" Ally walked on to the stage and got in her starting pose, then she started dancing and her technique was great from the start as she danced and once the music ended, she headed off stage.

"Coming up in our junior soloist division, here is Hadley with More!" Hadley walked from the wings of the stage and once the music started, she began dancing to the music and she had some flaws in the middle, but she completed her dance and she left the stage.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, This is Sophia with New Reality!" Sophia came onto the stage and once the music began, she was a dynamo on the stage from start to finish and at the end, she posed and headed off the stage.

"Up next we have Maddie with Caged!" Maddie walked on to the stage and she was in her starting pose and the moment the music began to play, she was awesome on the stage with her moves and she posed at the end and left the stage.