Chapter 12

It was two days after getting released from the hospital that I saw Beast again. He didn't say anything as he comes in, ripping off a blood stained shirt as he headed towards the shower. When he reappeared out of the bathroom he had a pair of low riding sweats on. Dark circles surrounded his eyes. 

"Come here." I call out to him. 

He slowly makes his way over to the bed. When he's standing at the edge, I grab his hands pulling him down next to me. He sits down at the end, still trying to keep his distance. That wasn't good enough for me. I forced him to lay down, tucking myself as best as I could with my bump into his side. 

"You need sleep." I say as I gently stroke his cheek. 

"Not until this is over." He tells me. 

"You're going to run yourself into the ground if you don't rest." I said. "Daddy needs to be on his A game." 

"Daddy?" He turns to look at me. A hint of a smirk was on his face. 

I bite my lip. "Well, that's what you're going to be in a few months." 

He chuckles, wrapping his arms around me. "Figure I should break it to ya know, we're probably gonna be here after she's born. We don't have many options, Belle. It's either this or you take this baby far away from here with no plans on coming back." 

"I'm not leaving you." I say, firmly. "I'd rather be stuck in this clubhouse than leave you." 

Beast didn't say anything else. He just held me in his arms, feeling the small movements the baby would make. That dark look was still on his face. He had his own shit to sort through. For now I just had to be content with him holding me. Those dark thoughts running through his head were keeping him from sleep. 

I turned in his arms, going to straddle his waist. He looks up at me with wide eyes. I lean down and attach our lips together. I poured everything I had into the kiss. It only took him a moment before he started to respond. He sat up, holding me tight as he continued to kiss me. I relaxed into his arms. We pull away breathless, resting our foreheads together. 

There was so much to be said, but I didn't dare utter a word. I still loved him. After all these years, he was still the man that I loved. I couldn't tell him though. He wasn't ready for that. All these ghosts that are haunting him have him convinced that he doesn't deserve it. With the events of the past couple of days, that only pushed those fears forward. 

Our moment was ruined by the rumbling of my stomach. Beast pulled away to go grab us something to eat. A few minutes later he came back up with a trey of food. Pimento grilled cheese sandwiches cut into triangles with tomato soup. His grandmother used to make us these when we were in school. 

He stayed with me for an hour more before he had to leave. By the time he left I was in and out of sleep. The baby wore me out constantly. I hardly did anything yet I was tired all the time. My doctor had assured me that was just part of the pregnancy. All of the baby books that I read said the same thing.