46. Extraction pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"What?!", Steve and Joyce responded simultaneously.

"Yeah, let's carry her. It's the only way we'll get there faster and plus I parked closer."

As the three stood there arguing, El stepped forward and mumbled.

"I can do it."

"What? El, no. That's too far and plus I weigh like-", Joyce protested.

"I. can. Do. It.", she repeated.

——

Jamie looked at the gun on the floor, and then caught a glimpse of her dad and David fighting. She swallowed spit and quietly crawled across the floor, grabbed the gun, and then hid behind the table.

Hopper finally had enough of getting his ass kicked by someone shorter than him after he finally landed a punch. He spotted a giant, metal wrench, swung it, and knocked off of his feet.

Jamie slowly peeked over the table to find David grabbing a loose pipe, and swinging it at Hopper. She looked at the already bloody gun in her hand, and recognized it from the glove compartment of the blazer.

Hopper's grunting gained her attention, and she slowly stood and held the gun in her shaking hands as she watched David press a metal pipe against his neck. Hopper managed to turn his head to see Jamie standing on the side of them, and his eyes grew wide.

Jamie reached her other hand up to cup and steady her grip. She rested her finger on the trigger and slowly started to apply pressure before she quickly turned around and gripped her neck when she felt a tingling sensation.

Chills ran down her spine as she looked behind her. She felt her hair to see if the sensation could be replicated, but it couldn't.

David raised an eyebrow and looked at Jamie which was enough of a distraction for Hopper to push up on the pipe and catch a breath.

David pushed off of Hopper and leaped towards Jamie while she was distracted in an attempt to grab the gun from her. She quickly turned around, pulled the trigger, and jumped at the sound of the loud noise.

Her eyes and mouth grew wide as she watched David grab his stomach. As her eyes began to water and her heart raced, she stood there while he ran towards her with all the strength left in his body.

Hopper quickly reached for the gun in the back of his waistband and shot three times causing David to fall right in front of Jamie. Jamie jumped again at the sound, looked at the three holes and the pool of blood that puddled around David's head, and then looked back up at her father.

She turned towards him as she still held the gun, and absentmindedly pointed it at him. Hopper saw the look on her face and held his arms out slowly as he approached her

"It's okay", he whispered as he lowered the gun from her hands and then took it.

He turned her face away from the dead body in front of her and another wave of panic overtook him as heavy footsteps approaching from above caused dust particles to drop from the ceiling.

"Hey, look at me", he said quickly as he wiped her cheeks with his thumbs and placed his hands on her shoulder to maintain her attention.

Jamie looked past him at the dead man lying on the ground right next to them.

His eyes were still open.

"Look at me!", He repeated as he shook her forcefully when the footsteps decended down the stairs.

"You did the right thing, okay. He's dead, but I need you to focus so I can get us out of this", he said pointing towards the sound of the foot steps.