20. Cold blood pt. 2

"No... he's a cop he doesn't need backup", Steve said as he finally checked the time after impatiently waiting in the blazer.

Hopper had been inside 30 minutes and Steve started to worry as he saw other men go into the building after Hopper. Steve nervously tapped his fingernails on the door before finally taking off his seatbelt.

"You know what, my girl's dad is in there. If something happens to him, then she's gonna be mad at me", Steve said as he talked to himself while walking down the street towards the abandoned warehouse building.

"Ugh. This is so fucking stupid, Harrington", Steve whispered to himself as he saw a cracked door and decided to squeeze through it.

Steve blinked his eyes a few times for them to adjust to the darkness. As he walked down the long hallway and turned the first corner he saw, he came to a stop once he heard a few voices. Steve creeped behind a pillar and peeked his head around the corner into the open room.

Three men, including David, stood around a table with guns as their voices echoed throughout the warehouse.

"Yeah, and I love my wife just as much as he loves touching on little kids. Fucking R. Kelly Jr. over here", one of the guys joked and laughed as David stared at him with a straight face.

"Shut the fuck up, dipshit", David mumbled as he turned around and spat on the dirty, cemented floor.

"What're you gonna do about Diane's ex husband? You know he's a cop. They're gonna be all over your ass now", the guy continued.

"I'll kill him before he kills me, that's for sure", David said as he took his gun from the holster and set it on the table. He pulled a cigarette from his back pocket and lit it as it balanced between his lips.

Steve pulled his head back behind the pillar. As he looked around the warehouse, he spotted another room down the hall and started to make his way back towards the door. As Steve ducked and crept towards the door, he lightly banged his knee against the corner of a sharp metal frame.

"Shit!", Steve whispered as he winced and felt a stinging sensation along with a slight tear in his jeans. Steve touched his knee and rubbed the blood between his fingers as he suddenly reslized the quietness that overtook the room.

Steve sat low to the ground as he slowly moved to be completely hidden behind a metal container. David looked at the two men and nodded his head towards the noise as they all grabbed their guns. Steve started panting as he saw their shadows getting closer. Steve decided to make a run for it before something else caught their atttention.

"Hey, dipshit!", Steve heard someone shout from the other side of the warehouse.

Steve held his breath as he anticipated someone to turn the corner, but instead he jumped the moment he heard several gun shots ring out and two thumps hit the ground. Steve turned to peek his head around the corner and nearly screamed as he felt a sharp tug against his head.

"Ahh!", Steve winced as he shut his eyes and grasped the hands that had a grip on his hair.

David pulled Steve from behind the corner and held this gun to his back as he walked to the middle of the warehouse. David frantically turned around in a circle searching for Hopper.

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?! YOU GONNA HIDE LIKE A LITTLE BITCH? COME TO ME LIKE A MAN!", David shouted as he spit flew out with every word onto the back of Steve's neck.

Steve used every muscle in his body to not panic, but nearly had a heart attack once David moved the barrel of the gun to the back of his neck.

"DON'T FUCKING TRY ME! I'LL SHOOT HIS ASS DEAD RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!", David continued to shout as his eyes searched the upper level of the gigantic room.