Practical_Day & Toddler!Reader

Start from the beginning

Y/N pouted, remembering that they got themselves stuck inside the elevator.

Practical laughed. "Oh Y/N.. I know you didn't enjoy being stuck inside an elevator. But we got you out, safe and sound."

Practical went over to his tea kettle and brewed up some tea.

He sat on his chair, one leg over the other, sipped his tea, and pulled something out of his desk drawer.

"I know it's been long since you last saw your new father, and you only need 6 more Days! (haha get it?? jk) But.. I was wondering if you'd like to talk to your father?"

Y/N's face lit up with happiness as they heard that they were gonna be able to talk to their dad. 

[Practical's P.O.V]

I turned on the communication device.. and then I got signal with The Leader himself. I passed the device towards Y/N.

"Papa!! Papa!! Me miss papa.."

"Hello my child. I know.. I miss you too. But papa will come home soon in around 6 days. Will you wait for me?"

"Yes papa, Y/N will be good kid and wait for papa"

"Good. Don't cause your babysitters too much problem, okay?"

"Yes papa. me wuv you."

"I love you too. I have to go now. I'll see you soon, take care my child."

The device turned off and Y/N handed it back to me. Y/N's face showed sadness but then happiness.

I put the device away as I felt Y/N tug on the bottom of my pants. "Hm?"

"Who else left? Me know me have swix days left but me want to know who else will be my babysitter. do u know who??"

I smiled at Y/N.

"Well Y/N.. let's see who already babysat you. Unstable did.. Dynamic.. Placid.." Y/N looked at me curiously, copying my hand movements to count along. 

"Scary.. Unpredictable.. and me. I think that's all. So then you still have Benevolent, Dreadful, Macabre, Radiant, and last.. Emotionless." Wait. He's also going to babysit Y/N? Gee.. I wonder how that'll turn out.

"Well Y/N, it's getting late so why don't we cook some dinner? How 'bout some dinosaur nuggets with some orange juice and veggies on the side?" 

Y/N's face scrunched up at the sound of 'veggies' and stuck out their tongue.

"Ewww... veggies"

"Hahaha! 

"Oh Y/N.. veggies are good for you! They make you big and strong like papa."

[Author's P.O.V]

Practical got up from his seat and went to his refrigerator. He took out the ingredients to make some dinosaur nuggets, orange to make orange juice, and some vegetables. 

He put all ingredients into a bowl, mixed it all together, and then put some gloves on Y/N's hands. 

He demonstrated to Y/N on how they should make the dinosaur nugget. He then let Y/N try.

"Well, well, well.. aren't you a quick learner?" Practical said as he chuckled.

He cut the orange into two slices and then squeezed it, to make orange juice. He added a few more things like sugar and some water to make sure it tasted okay for Y/N. He then cut the vegetables into little squares.

Once Y/N finished shaping all the dinosaur nuggets, they washed their hands, and Practical put the tray in the oven. 

He cleaned up the mess as Y/N watched how the dinosaur nuggets were cooking. Practical going to his bed to adjust it, making sure it was toddler friendly.

Ding!

The sound of the oven timer dinging made Y/N jump in joy. Practical walked over, but on some oven gloved, and took out the tray.

The smell of freshly cooked nuggets filled the air.

Y/N pushed a second chair towards the table and placed plates snd cups that Practical had given them.

They sat down and Practical served them their food, along with orange juice.

"Bon appetit."

Y/N happily ate as Practical chuckled, also eating his nuggets.

Once both Y/N and Practical finished, they got ready to sleep. Practical carried Y/N over to his bed and tucked them in.

"Goodnight."

Y/N fell asleep, Practical sleeping on the floor, where he had placed a futon mattress and fell asleep.

{to be continued}