I grip the rag in my hand, as I wipe the counters down. It's eerily silent in the diner, and the only thing you can hear is the sound of the wind whistling in the night. I lean on the counter and shut my eyes tightly, trying to wish the sleepiness away. I gotta last for at least another hour and then I can go "home" and crawl into bed. The sound of the bell makes me jerk upright and whip around to face the door. A boy about my age walks into the diner, and takes a seat at the counter. I put the rag down and stand in front of him. He has jet black curly hair, piercing blue eyes, and full lips. His jawline looks as if it was sculpted by god, and sitting atop his mess of curls is a beanie in the shape of a crown. He's really cute, and I feel myself becoming self conscious of the way that I look currently.

"Hi, so what can I get for you?" I ask him politely. I see his eyes look over my face and body, and I blush under his gaze.

"I'll have a burger, fries, and a chocolate shake." He says. His voice is deep and sultry, and oddly calming. I nod, and go to the kitchen to prepare his meal. There are pre-made burger and fries sitting in the heater, so I pull them out and place them in a basket. I grab a glass, and fill it with the chocolate shake. My mouth salivates as I watch it fill the glass, and this reminds me that I haven't eaten all day. I make a mental note to have something to eat before going to bed. I carefully walk out holding his food, and gingerly place it down in front of him. He smiles at me in thanks, and starts digging in. I awkwardly stand there for a moment, and then walk away to go wipe down the tables.  I feel his gaze burning into the back of my neck, but I act as if I can't feel it, and keep doing my job. 

"So, you're Betty Cooper right?" He asks. I turn around and look at him.

"Yeah, and you are?"

"Jughead Jones" My eyes go wide and my lips part slightly. 

"Like the Jughead Jones? Serpent King, Jughead Jones?" He scratches the back of his neck awkwardly and nods. 

"You don't have to be scared though. I won't hurt you." He says. I chuckle but there is no humor in it at all. 

"I don't need to be scared of you or the Southside considering I live on that side of town." I fiddle with the rag in my fingers, and watch as his face turns into one of shock. I turn back around and spray the table down with cleaner, before wiping it in a side-to-side motion. 

"Wait you live in the Southside? Why?" He asks confused. I look at him over my shoulder and throw him a smirk. 

"Asking personal questions on the first date? Isn't it a little soon for that?" He tips his head back and lets out a laugh. A little smile makes its way on my face, and I finish wiping the table, and then walk back behind the counter. I take his empty basket and throw it in the garbage. I expect him to pay for his meal, and then be on his way, but instead he leans forward and stares at me intensely. 

"What?" I ask him. My cheeks flame up and turn a light color of red. He just shakes his head with a smile and looks away from me. He digs into his pocket and pulls out his wallet, and lays a 10 on the counter. I smile gratefully and put it in the cash register, but keeping 5 dollars for myself. 

"I better get going." He says. 

"Okay, thank you for stopping in, have a nice night." I tell him with a smile. He hesitates for a minute and I think that he might say something, but then he turns around and speeds out the diner door. I feel my smile falter, and I mentally slap myself on the forehead. Of course he ran away, I'm Betty Cooper the daughter of a serial killer. Everyone is scared of me. I sigh and take my apron off, and laying it on the counter. I grab my backpack, and throw it over my shoulder, as I lock up. I close the door behind me, and start the walk home underneath the night sky. I pull my phone out of my backpack and squint at the brightness. The time reads 2AM and I have one text from Kevin asking me if I'm okay. I sigh and shut my phone off, ignoring the message. As I continue my walk I start to get this unsettling feeling in my stomach, and I feel as if I'm being watched. I look around my surroundings, and breathe a deep sigh of relief when I don't see anything out of the ordinary. I turn down the road that crosses into the Southside, as that feeling of being watched intensifies. I stop walking and slowly turn around. Behind me, are three dark figures, and I can tell from the way they're built that they are men. They wear all black and have black ski masks on. I feel my breath catch in my throat as they start to walk closer to me. In my state of panic, I can't move. I can't breathe. I can't feel. I just stand still as the bodies come closer, and stand in front of me. 

"I-" 

I'm cut off by a fist coming into contact with my stomach. I fall to my knees as all the air is knocked out of my lungs. Another fist punches me in the face, and I topple over onto my back. They all hover over me, and continue the beating. I feel hits coming from all sides, and by the end of this, there will not be a place on my body that isn't covered in bruises and scratches. They keep kicking and hitting and punching, and yelling things at me: "You are nothing" "You are a nobody" "Worthless piece of shit" "You should just kill yourself" "Dumb bitch." I don't try to stop them. I just lay there and take all of the punches. After an eternity they kick me once more in the face, and then run away. I stare up at the sky, while gasping for breath. Every part of my body aches, burns, and hurts. I slowly get up off the ground, and pain floods through my limbs. I wince and tears fall down my face. I limp the rest of the way home, and every step I take causes excruciating pain to course through my entire body. 

After a long walk home, I get into my apartment and fall onto my bed. I stare up at the ceiling as sobs escape my mouth, and my chest heaves. I can't even breathe without it hurting. I cry until the sobs turn to sniffles. I cover my small body with the comforter, and curl into a ball on my left side. I close my eyes and will the pain away. Eventually, sleep comes and takes me, and I don't stop it. 

There will be a part 2