Eyes for her

Thank you for the request @meggiepie03!

Jughead's POV:

I step through the big, double doors of Riverdale High and sighed as soon as all eyes turn to me. I walk down the corridor filled with the sound of talking, laughing, and whispering. Every girl's eyes followed my moves as I rounded the corner and went over to my locker. My fingers moved swiftly as I put in my combination and the door swung open. I grabbed my science books and placed them in my hand as my arms hung loosely at my side. I swaggered down the hall, and was about to walk through the door of my class, when none other than Veronica Lodge came up to me, and prevented me from moving any further. She smiled flirtatiously at me, and put her manicured hand on my chest pushing me back into the wall behind me. I took her hand off my chest and sighed as she caressed my arm instead.

"What do you want, Veronica?" I ask impatiently. She runs her fingers up my arm, and I shove her off.

"I want you, and I know you want me too." She leans in close and whispers in my ear. 

"No Veronica I don't-" The words die on my lips as I catch sight of her. Betty Cooper. With her beautiful green eyes that I could get lost in, her smooth honey locks pulled up into a tight ponytail. Her jawline is so sharp and sculpted to utter perfection, and don't even get me started on the smile. Ugh, it's the best part about her. I swear I can feel myself drooling as she passes me and walks into the class, that luckily we have together. The only hard part about getting her to be mine, is she isn't very well known. She gets pushed around and bullied a lot because she is known as the school 'nerd', but I don't care about that. I just want her. I want all of her even with the flaws (although I doubt she has any). I can hear Veronica droning on and on, so I just move past her and into class. I scan the room and see Betty sitting towards the front writing in her notebook. The seat next to her is empty- as usual- and I take that as my opportunity to make some sort of move. I take a breath and go to stand next to the seat. She looks up at me with her big eyes, and I can't help but give a tiny grin. 

"Is this seat taken?" I ask and gesture to the seat right next to her. She shakes her head no, and so I place my books down on the desk and plop down in the chair. I see her glance over at me, but pretend not to notice. I stretch over a little bit so I can see what she is writing, but her hand is covering most of it up. 

"What are you writing?" My voice startles her cause she jumps just slightly but turns to look at me.

"Uh just an article I'm writing for my mom's paper." She whispers nervously. I nod and then an idea pops into my head.

"Hey do you wanna join the Blue and Gold? I've seen your writing in the paper, and you have talent. I could use the extra help." I offer, praying to the lord she accepts. After a moment of consideration I see a smile give way on her face.

"Yeah, I'd like that." She answers.

"Okay perfect! Meet me in the Blue and Gold today after school. I mean if that works for you." I hurriedly say. She giggles a little bit and my heart skips a beat. The sound is melodic and I want a whole playlist made of just that noise.

"That works for me." Just then the teacher walks in and I smile at her, and watch as her smile widens. Damn, I just fell even deeper. 

After school, I rush to put my things in my locker so I can hurry over to the B and G. I see Veronica and Cheryl making their way over to me, and I sprint away from them and down the hall. I open the door to the Blue and Gold, and see Betty already sitting in one of the chairs in front of the computers. I close the door and rest against it catching my breath. She quirks an eyebrow at me, and in-between pants I say: