Talk to the Face (Because That's All He's Got)

"Hey, watch it! You nearly ran into me!"

"Sorry... I'm just trying to find somebody. No need to be so rude about it." You looked over your shoulder as the man continued past. Under normal circumstances, he would've been handsome, charming, the kind of guy you wouldn't mind going out with. However, he was rude and that made him not so attractive to you.

Upon reaching back, you found someone there holding your bag, and they kicked you in the side, running the opposite direction down the street.

A friend of yours was in need of help, their business going down because of some thugs with a little too much free time. They weren't willing to admit they needed help, but after insisting, allowed you to try and find the A-Team.

You'd found Mr. Lee, and he'd directed you to a park where they would supposedly be. You'd gotten this far, and you were not just about to give up and go back and watch your friend fail.

You got up after composing yourself, and went into the park. Walking around that park that was thoroughly shaded from the sweltering sun by a thick cluster of trees, you were greeted by a man with white hair.

"Hello, I'm Hannibal Smith. I believe you're looking for the A-Team."

"Yes, please, I have so much to tell you..."

Walking through the park, he led you to a table where the rest of the team, you assumed as you looked them over, was. And to your surprise, the man who was so rude earlier.

You could tell he recognized you, but ignored him to the best of your ability and listened to what Hannibal said.

"Do you have the money?"

You shuffled your feet a little, and looked around nervously.

"I know it's a nuisance, and I'm sorry, but..."

"No, I have it. I was just a little absentminded earlier and someone... took it from me."

The team looked a little shocked. Face realized what had happened when you ran into him, and put his head in his hands.

"Do you know who it was?"

"Yes. I do. It's the people we were trying to hire you to stop."

"What do you mean we were?"

"Well, I'm assuming you won't take the job because you don't have the money up front."

Hannibal turned to the team, and as he scanned each for their responses, noticed Face's embarrassed state. He elected to ignore it, and held out his hand to you.

"We'll take it. It's a bit of an incentive anyways, to keep things a bit interesting. Congratulations, Ms. (L/N). You've just hired the A-Team."

You laughed, and shook his hand. "Thank you, thank you so much."

———————————————

Hannibal gave you the general plan and a phone number to call them at certain times. As you were walking away, Face walked up to you.

"Hey, I, uh..."

"No, there's nothing to talk about. You didn't know, I didn't know, it's okay."

"No, but I'm the reason you lost the money. And I'm sorry for being so rude."

"It's fine, Mr..?"

"Peck. Templeton Peck. But you can call me Face."

"(Y/N). It's nice to meet you." You felt a sharp pain in your side and Face caught you before you fell.