Chapter 6 (Part 1): Multitasking

Start from the beginning

"As if I'd side with you, angel," Sammy spat. "You can stay as horrifying as my lord made you. I would NEVER betray him."

Alice's voice simply chuckled, "Then I suppose your 'lord' is aware of how you've already encountered the man he's after. Oh, along with the other director our studio once had." The sharp intake of breath the prophet took hearing those words was enough confirmation that he knew what Alice was implying. A threat was essentially what it was, a threat that if the ink demon came slipping by the angel would let her poisonous tongue wind steadily around the tale of how Bendy's prophet was not only hiding one secret from him... but many. And each would be a sword stabbing through him if they were revealed. Sammy shook his head slowly, waiting for whatever Alice would say next.

"I'll let you continue to play your little role if you assist me. And you can trust that I'll keep quiet about that since it's for my benefit. What do you want to do~?"

"Fine. But I doubt anything we bring you will make your soul as angelic as a perfect appearance, witch." Sammy strode into the elevator where both Henry and Boris already were, staring in surprise. You warily glanced back at the corpses before following behind, making your way to the small barred space. Henry pressed one of the several buttons arrayed on the control panel on the inside to close the door once everyone was together, turning to you.

"Did you have any preference for what you wanted to do?"

You nodded, "I was thinking Sammy and I could get the gears on Level K."

In response, Henry nodded back while pressing the circular button labeled "K" and sending the elevator to slide up. Aside from the noises it continued to make the ride was mostly silent, leaving your thoughts to swirl around again, weighing everything that'd been said and seen.

Perfect form. So that's a common goal down here- each creation wants to gain some sort of form of perfection. Physical perfection for her... I'm still curious about how she looks now... ignorance is bliss I suppose.

"Alice, why do you think killing all those Borises will help you be beautiful again?"

Sammy threw a look that said "don't ask" just as Boris looked scared and Henry intrigued at how you broke the silence. Alice gave you your response quickly enough.

"The quality of their appearances and souls of course! I'm glad you asked, Y/N. Gaining both the hearts and souls of other... disgusting ink creatures can be challenging, but the benefits are an increase in both power and beauty. If you need more information, by all means, ask~"

"...I-I'm fine, thank you."
Embarrassment flooded across your face in a red haze and you looked at your companions anxiously. Fortunately for you, the elevator had successfully made its way to Level K by then, announcing its finished journey with a small 'ding' noise. Henry pressed a button for the doors to open, letting you and Sammy walk out. You turned back to see Henry and the wolf beside him smiling warmly at you.

"Good luck, and don't be afraid to bring the elevator to you anytime. And please be careful."

"I won't be, and same to you and Boris, stay safe." Your smile mirrored his perfectly, showing the genuine passion you had for your friend and his living character. "See you later."

Considering the situation, that was probably my most casual "See you later" to date. Wow.

And with that amusing thought in mind Henry and Boris descended, going out of sight and leaving nothing but the steady plip of ink and creaking wood around you. Sammy was still standing stiffly beside you. Although it was hard to tell you could see how he eyed the level's sign but refused to move out. A soft sigh emerged from the tiny smile lingering on your face as you reached up to lightly rest your hands on his smooth shoulders, looking up into his mask.