Part Two.

"I don't know if I'm ready for this guys," Zak says from the front seat looking out onto the road as Billy drove down the interstate in California. It was cooler than I would have suspected given its stereotypical display in cinema; clear blue skies and warm breeze. But it was late November and snow was already falling in the northern hemisphere, maybe I brought the chilly winds with me from the Midwest.

Jay was the one to reply after a long pause. "I think we all feel that way," he said, looking out the passenger seat window, Aaron beside him and I sat in the far back beside some of the bags, which I volunteered for since I was already uneasy with this episode. I was ready though, I had the things that I felt I needed to keep me safe.

"It's been a while since we've done anything with demonic spirits, the last few times weren't very good," Zak spoke, it was one of the few times I heard Zak actually sound uneasy, without camera or outsiders giving the extra drama.

"Well with demons I don't think anything is ever really good," Aaron said with a chuckle, but Zak didn't seem to find it amusing. No one said anything as we continued, and I found myself fidgeting with my sleeves, it had been years since I encountered anything as dark as a demon, not since I was 16. I swallowed hard as I pushed away the smoky nightmare that was slowly trying to make its way to the front of my mind.

Now was not the time to bring up such horrible things. Not when things could very possibly become a lot darker from it.

Demons are attracted to sadness and fear.

We turned the corner and came up a narrow dirt driveway covered in thick pine trees, making things dark and dreary, even in the middle of the day. The SUV rocked from the unevenness of the path as we drove away from the road, my stomach growing tighter with every passing moment.

"Then let's not do it," Billy shrugged, he never really cared for anything demonic, you could always tell, even just watching the show that he was very against those kinds of situations.

Zak shook his head just as the dirt road widened and our destination towers before us. "We already told the family we would help, and hell, we are already here," as Billy stopped the car we all slowly stepped out.

My mouth went dry.

The boys stood shoulder to shoulder as we looked up at the ancient house, very Victorian themed after noting the beautiful trim and chipped robin blue paint. Two-story home with long white trimmed windows, overgrown shrubbery surrounding, and a crooked porch. Looking at it from a distance, if I weren't who I am, one might find it charming and just in need of a little love.

But I wasn't just a normal person.

Even now though I could feel it, emanating from inside like a sickness growing the longer I stood there; a heaviness of a dark, otherworldly presence. The sensation was a dormant feeling, forcing old, rotten memories trudging to the forefront of my mind as I felt the blood drain from my face.

Snapping myself out of it I grabbed my camera bag and began to set up one of the tripods for some of the filler roles. The boys are still whispering amongst themselves in hushed uneasy tones as I put myself to work.

They weren't wrong to feel uncomfortable, to feel vulnerable even, I know if I peered up right now I would see something in the windows watching me. In fact, I could feel it, I could sense something presence, dark, and harsh, like an infected wound opening this dimension to another.

No way I'd tell the boys that, no way I'd reveal what I am.

I'm here to use my gifts for good, to be in a place where I can fit, and use my curse, rather than it controlling me.