Part one.

"You guys could use me," I said resting back in my chair. Across from me sat Zak Bagans and Aaron Goodwin, mimicking each other's intertwined fingers resting their elbows on the table. I felt like I was being interrogated.

Zak looked from Aaron to me."Really we have everything we need with Ghost Adventures," he replied. The sweat was collecting on my palms as I focused on the table between us; we were sitting in a coffee shop off West Sahara Avenue in Nevada state. I ran my hands against my dark wash jeans before crossing my arms, I knew this was going to be difficult.

These guys seemed like a tight-knit group and having someone suddenly wanting to join might not be welcomed.

"I've worked up to this position, to be able to be promoted and go wherever I wanted, I chose this," I explained while focusing on my coffee cup. The steam was completely gone from it and I knew it was most likely as cold as apparition now.

"Why?" Aaron sounded more curious than I expected, and as my eyes lifted to find his on me and instantly I looked away, my stomach twisted into a knot.

"I enjoy... paranormal activity, I'm more fascinated than fearful of it," I tried to put it into words without sounding weird or giving away more than I should. They probably have heard this from many people, thousands of fans begging to become apart of the team. I was a fan, but this was more than just a passion, it was apart of my life I lived with whether I was with ghost Adventures or not.

"More fascinated than fearful, what doesn't that mean," Zak asked as his brows furrowed together. What do I say to that? I can't tell him the things that I know, he'll just want to know more. Knowing Zak through the show, It's apparent that he never stops digging, he always wants to know more.

I smiled, though behind it was panic. "I- I've dealt with quite a few things in my life that can't be explained," I rambled. Zak leaned in as if interested-

.

"How long have you been working for the Travel Channel," Aaron said suddenly, Zak turned to him confused and I jumped on the question before Zak could bring it back to me.

"Almost two years," I replied quickly, trying to keep us on the path we are currently on, and less on my personal life.

Aaron nodded with my response. "Ever worked with a camera?"

"I work closely with all the IT guys, I know a few things, never carried a camera but I've worked with them," I explained, Aaron seemed open and agreeable, but Zak still seemed skeptical.

Aaron shrugged. "I don't see why not," he said, finally turning to Zak who was also looking at him. I felt a twinge in my chest for the sudden need to really sell the idea of myself on the team. If Aaron wanted me on the team then maybe I had a chance.

"Maybe having a woman on the squad again will help with getting more people to relate, I know Jay Wasley's wife left after a pretty hardcore episode at the Goat man's bridge. Maybe having a female presence can help with some of your provocations on some of your investigations," I gave the ideas with open hands. It felt more like begging really, and I guess deep down I really was.

I was drowning back at headquarters and needed to get out before I lost my head; I love computers and electronic engineering but this was the only show I actually watched by the Travel Channel.

People at Travel Channel didn't really care for this show, a lot of them said it wasn't even about travel, but it was. The most haunted places to travel across the country, something I would honestly do, it was interesting, certainly more modern than some of the other shows we broadcast. "I can just be a tech for a while, so you can get a feel for me and decide whether you want me to stay or not." Despite that being exactly what I didn't want to do, I threw it out there anyway, it would get me with the team and I would be able to experience these places despite not being able to investigate. Maybe walking through would be enough to help me use my gifts.