Chapter nine: Memories

You saw Dazai. He was about to do another suicide attempt. It was quite painful for you to see the one you love, hurting himself.

It wasn't entirely his past. More of just little scenes of his attempts to kill himself.

And another one.

And again.

This was the fifth time already. You grabbed your head and looked down. There was nothing you could do, these were his memories.

Your eyes shot open to see Dazai's chest. He had his arm around your waist again. It made you smile to see he actually cared about someone.

You were thinking. 'Did he stop his attempts on suicide because of me? I haven't seen any more bloody knives around or new ropes. Not even in the trash can or anywhere else.'

Dazai opened his eyes as well. "Good morning, Belladonna." A smirk appeared on his face as he let you go. He stepped out of the bed and walked to the bathroom.

As lazy as you were (dw, me too), you wanted to keep laying down with him. Eventually you got up as well, you had washed your clothes at Dazai's house and Mori brought your other clothes from you room in the mafia.

You took fresh clothes of the wardrobe and changed in the bedroom. After, you went to the bathroom to wash yourself a little bit.

When you were done, you saw Dazai in an apron. He was making breakfast, or trying to make breakfast. It didn't look too bad but the eggs he put in the frying pan was black.

You rushed over to him and help him with the eggs. "Dazai. How in the world did this happen?"

Dazai scratched the back of his neck and awkwardly replied. "I can't cook..."

"That's fine. I'll help you."

And so you ended up teaching Dazai how to properly cook eggs in a frying pan. Breakfast was delicious, it was even better since you made it with Dazai.

"(Y/n), want to go have dinner at a little shop later? Odasaku will there too."

"Ah, okay sure."

After breakfast, you and Dazai cleaned the dishes and killed some time by cuddling in front of the tv.

A movie was playing. It was an action movie, about a man that somehow got involved with the local mafia. You saw it more as comedy because the mafia in the movie was pathetic and nothing like the mafia in real life.

Dazai had fallen asleep during the movie while you were still laughing the stupid characters. It was over pretty fast, the end titles came and you woke Dazai up. "Wake up, darling."

He opened one eye and smirked. "Since when did I get a nickname?"

"Oh shut it." You blushed and looked away. Dazai took the tv remote and turned the tv off.

"Come on." He had already put on his shoes and was about to walk away when you rushed over to him, put your shoes on and walked outside.

"Alright, let's go." You went on already but had no idea where to go so you turned around and patiently waited for Dazai to arrive.

Dazai lead the way to a little shop somewhere near a street. He opened the door for you like a real gentleman. "Go on."

"Thanks." You walked inside and took a seat. Dazai sat down next to you. "Can we both have curry?"

The man nodded, turned around and started to make curry. A few seconds later, a lot of noise was coming from the floor above you two. "What's that?"