12 | libraries and bathrooms

One

One

The number of months since the DateMate website went live and the footage of the train stunt dropped on Noted's YouTube channel and other socials.

Two.

The number of hours it took for most of our year level and a chunk of Year 11 and Year 10 to download the DateMate app and activate memberships. By lunch time on day one, DateMate had 223 registered users. Seriously, WTF? This is a school project, people. We aren't trying to build a dating empire.

Even Felix Darver and his mates joined. Which brought on some prickly, stabby feelings that make no sense.

It's not like Felix and I were ever anything beyond party tricks. But he's not even talking to me. At all. I only vaguely understand why. I know he was dark on me at me at Robbo's but I thought that if I just let him cool off, he'd get over it. Apparently not. Which makes me grumpy because the whole point of having a Felix is not having to navigate being disappointed in someone or feeling like you've disappointed them.

Cass thinks that I should try and talk to him about it. But Felix is not deep and meaningful conversations. And I am more than okay with that.

At least, I think I am.

I was before.

Now it's irking me that he doesn't sling his arm around my shoulders when he sees me in the halls. Or wink at me. Or make eye contact at all. Ever. Agghhh!

Three.

The number of days before we received a website inquiry from one of the Year 11s with a boyfriend at another school asking if his boyfriend could join DateMate. Which presented a slight dilemma. Our project planning hadn't contemplated how to vet new members because we'd always assumed that they'd be people we go to school with.

At least, Trav assumed that they'd be people we go to school with. I figured that the only people who were ever going to actually sign up to DateMate were Cass and Chomper.

How wrong I was.

DateMate now has more than 800 registered users and counting. All of them are either students at St Mark's, or have been vouched for by at least two people who are. It's like we're running a secret society. I now know how the Illuminati must have felt.

Four.

The number of weeks since Cassie and Chomper became an official couple. By association, I now hang out with the 'cool crowd'.

Yes, it's weird. Don't judge me. For a total bunch of bananas, they're actually okay.

It's sort of nice to be part of a group again.

Five.

The number of times in any given hour that Trav has to cover my eyes so that I don't have to watch Cassie and Chomper trying to devour each other. Those two are truly nauseating.