Mistake or Ideal

"No no no no no no, there must be some mistake." Anakin says in denial then points at Obi-Wan, who was smirking back at him. "this was your doing." "He's the one who wanted a Padawan."

"That's right, and that's me." Y/N chimes in.

"Master Yoda was very specific." Ahsoka says. "I'm assigned to Anakin Skywalker and he is too supervise my Jedi training."

"I can vouch for that." Y/N adds smirking.

"But that doesn't make any sens-" Anakin, who was really confused about this whole situation, tries to say before he gets cut off.

"We'll have to sort this out later." Obi-Wan says defusing the situation. "It won't be long before those droids figure out a way past those cannons."

Anakin sighs. "I'll check on Rex at the lookout post." He tells them, trying to walk away before Obi-Wan stops him.

"You better take Ahsoka with you." Obi-Wan says smirking behind his back as Anakin sighs in defeat and looks over his shoulder at Ahsoka.

"Come on then." He mutters, gesturing her to follow as Ahsoka smirks and slyly follows him. Leaving both Obi-Wan and Y/N smirking at them leaving.

"You know, I told Ahsoka this was how Master Skywalker would act when he found out." Y/N speaks to his newly appointed master.

"So did I, but this would help the both of them. Maybe he could learn from her as much as she could learn from him." Obi-Wan replies, watching Anakin leaving with Ahsoka trailing behind him, he turns to Y/N. "Come now, my new Padawan. Time to introduce you to our fellow soldiers in battle." He pats the young boy's shoulder and leads him over to a small clone gathering.

A clone with orange markings and colourings on his armor plating and some sort of tattoo on the left side of his face near his eye. "Must be the leader of this battalion. Hmm, I'll have to check the files when we're done here."

"Cody, I'd like you to meet my new Padawan learner, Y/N L/N." Obi-Wan says with a hand on the young one's shoulder. "Y/N, this is Commander Cody. In charge of the 212th battalion alongwith myself, soon you'll be in charge of your own battalion some day."

Y/N's eyes widen in astonishment,  him in charge of his very own battalion? "I like the sound of that."

"Hey kid, you were lucky being assigned to General Kenobi, there's no one else I could trust to go into battle with." Cody says beaming with honor.

"Thank you, commander. I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you." Y/N replies.

Just then, the communicator in Obi-wan's wrist gauntlet as he answers it. "Master? We have something big to tell you." Anakin says on the other side.

"Alright, report back to base. We'll meet you there." Obi-Wan replies and presses a button to end the call, he turns to Y/N. "Come on, let's get back there."

----

Once Anakin, Ahsoka and Captain Rex return, they gather around a control panel as Anakin and Rex bring up the layout of the area and a large ray shield forming up on the Separatist side with no signs of stopping anytime soon.

"The shield generator is somewhere in this area. They're slowly increasing their diameter and keeping it just ahead of their troops." Obi-Wan explains.

"Heavy cannons are gonna be useless against that." Rex says uneasily as Ahsoka and Y/N move around to get a better look at the hologram as Y/N stands by Anakin on his left and Ahsoka takes up the spot inbetween Obi-Wan and Anakin.

"As they get closer, I supposed we could try and draw them into the buildings. That might level the playing field a little bit." Obi-Wan ponders aloud.

"If that shield is gonna be such a problem, why don't we just take it out?" Ahsoka asks curiously.

"Easier said than done." Rex tells her.

"Well I, for one, agree with her." Anakin says clearing his throat, paying not attention to the glare he was receiving from Ahsoka. "Someone has to get to that shield generator and destroy it, that's the key."

"Right then, maybe you too can slip behind enemy lines and solve this particular problem together." Obi-Wan tells them.

"Can do, Master Kenobi!" Ahsoka says chipperly as Anakin scoffs and stares her down.
"I'll decide what we do." He tells her strictly.

"Alright, what will we do?" Y/N asks stepping closer to look at the hologram.

"You will be going with them, Y/N. Rex and I have enough forces to draw them out here," He points at one building. "while you three could sneak by over there." He points at another building. "This may be dangerous."

"Yes master..." Y/N says slightly disappointed.

"Without the use of our heavy cannons, we won't be able to withstand their forces and any attack we make will be useless. So you'll have to move fast." Rex tells them.

"We'll figure out a way." Ahsoka says confidently and turns to Anakin. "Come on, master. Let's go." She starts to walk off as Y/N follows while chuckling at Anakin's dumbstruck face. He quickly catches up with them.

"If we survive this, snips." Anakin tells her. "You and I are gonna have a talk."

"They make... quite a pair, don't they, sir?" Rex asks. "Why did you send your Padawan with them?" He adds curiously.

"I figured that Y/N might be able to learn a thing or two from Anakin first before he is fully under my wing. Besides, if he is anything like Anakin, then negotiations may not be for him entirely." Obi-Wan says smirking at the three Jedi walking off.

Not very happy with this chapter to be honest with you. More disappointed in fact. :/