Chapter 35 - Wedding

"You look amazing!" We said at the same time. We were a bit surprised by the unintended coordination, but we laughed at the fact that we'd somehow said exactly the same thing.

Soon, we were all arriving at the venue for the wedding. Ema and I went to see Dad and Miwa. She looked like a goddess in her wedding dress. She complimented us and thanked us for allowing her to choose our dresses. She also insisted we call her "Mum". Ema was a bit shy, but I didn't mind it.

We left them to get ready, and separated in the hall. Ema wanted to check out the place where the ceremony was going to be held. I left her to it and went exploring.

After walking around for a while, my desire to explore was satisfied. I wandered around and saw all the brothers together, as well as Ema. However, I spotted a head of orange hair. That must be the final brother.

I inhaled deeply. This was the very last one. I was quite nervous. It felt like I was defeating some sort of final boss for some strange reason.

I ran in front of them, facing the orange-haired man. "Brother Number 7, greetings! My name is Yu-" A face I knew all to well stared back at me.

"Yui?!"

"Natsume-san?!"

We were both completely taken by surprise.

"What are you doing here?" Natsume-san asked.

"I'm here for the wedding. My Dad's getting married."

"Is your dad... Rintarou?"

"Yeah, how'd you..." I trailed off as I put the pieces together. "You're not by any chance... one of Miwa's sons?"

He nodded.

"Then that means..."

"I'm one of your brothers."

We were both quite shocked by the situation we seemed to have found ourselves in. Me, perhaps more than him. He'd seen me break down when I'd gotten lost. I didn't mind it as much back then because I thought he wouldn't know any of my brothers or anything so they wouldn't find out. But Natsume-san was actually my brother now. He may tell Ukyo or someone about what had happened.

All the brothers were still in wonder about what a small world it was. I grabbed Natsume-san's arm and pulled him with me. He protested a little, but I dragged him somewhere where there was no one else that could hear what I'd say.

Once I'd confirmed that we were the only two there, I released Natsume-san's arm and inhaled deeply.

"You can't tell them about anything I told you," I said seriously.

He didn't respond for a while. "I won't."

"I'm going to trust you, Natsume-san. Can I do that?" He nodded.

I felt a little sad to find out he was my brother. Now I couldn't discuss the same things as before.

"We should go back now. The ceremony'll be starting soon..."

"Yeah."

With that, we met up with everyone, who seemed a little suspicious of the reason for our departure. We filed in for the ceremony, and after that was over, everyone went outside for the reception.

Not long after, the Asahina brothers all lined up in front of us.

"Welcome to the Asahina family!" they all said in unison.

It made me really happy that I go to meet people like this, and for them to be my brothers made it 10 times better. All of them smiling at me in their suits (and dress for Hikaru), couldn't make me think of anything that could possibly make this day any better.

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around to Sora grinning at me proudly. I threw my arms around him. "You came!"

"Of course I did. Now, tell me how great I look is this tux." I pulled away and he struck a pose.

I grinned. "Doesn't matter, 'cause I look better," I declared, poking out my tongue.

I turned to go and Sora appeared beside me. His face suddenly looked a bit serious. "Hey Yui, stop a sec."

I stopped and turned to face him. "What's up?"

He pointed to his chest. "You've got a little something there." I looked down and saw nothing.

"Where? I don't see anything?"

"No, no. Here," he pointed at a specific point. I looked down to see what it was. As I did, he brought his hand up and flicked my nose.

"Why do you even exist," was the only response I could think of while he laughed at the little trick he'd pulled on me.

"Oh, shush, you love me."

I pushed him a little and he laughed at my shyness.

Music began to play and Sora stopped walking.

I looked over at him curiously and he held out his hand.

"Yui, care to dance?"