Chapter 15 - Family

"Wait..." Kaname began.

"Sora is..." Tsubaki continued.

"A boy?" Iori finished.

All eyes were suddenly on me and I jumped a little.

"Yeah, isn't that obvious?" I was puzzled as to why they thought that he was a girl in the first place. I mean, I don't think many girls have the name 'Sora'.

"How old is he?"

"How long have you known him?"

"How close are you two?"

"Is there anything we should know about the two of you?"

"When do we get to meet him?"

I was bombarded with questions from many brothers, and answered them all in one go. "16. Since elementary. He's my best friend. Don't know how to answer that question. In a month, hopefully."

"A month?" Azusa asked.

"Oh yeah, that reminds me," I got up and stood next to Masaomi. "I wasn't sure who I was supposed to ask, but since you're the oldest, I believe you're the one who I'm supposed to ask. Pardon me if this is a little sudden or presumptuous of me to ask, but could Sora please sleep over next month?"

Masaomi seemed a little taken aback. "W-Well, that's fine with me, as long as everyone else has no problem with it," he said as he looked to his brothers to see if there were any objections.

Ukyo agreed, as did the other brothers, but though they had all agreed, you could see that some of them were unhappy about it.

I went back to my seat quickly, not wanting to impose any more than I already had.

Ema switched off the lights and went to her chair. "Then we'll have Subaru blow out the candles," Ukyo said.

"Y-You're serious about this?" Subaru asked.

"Yes."

Subaru sighed.

"I'll take pictures," Ema said.

"Fantastic idea, Ema~ I'll take some too!" I said and pulled my phone out of my pocket, leaving Ema's on the table.

With that, Subaru blew out the candles on his cake.

We all applauded, wishing him a happy birthday.

Ema cut the cake and gave everyone a slice. As soon as mine was in front of me, I began devouring it. Ema's cakes are the best, no matter where or when you're having them. As I was shovelling the cake into my mouth, I heard a lot of brothers complimenting Ema on how nice her cake was.

Everyone was laughing at something Yusuke had done when I stood up and held out my plate. "Seconds!" They looked at me. "Seconds, please?" All the brothers and Ema started laughing again. I smiled to myself. It was never this lively at our old house. I got my second slice of cake. Then later, a third, fourth and fifth, but then I wasn't allowed to have anymore because it was "bad for my health". I pouted and sat back down, waiting for everyone else to finish their cake.

But I still managed to get some of Kaname's cake, since he was sitting next to me and, being the beautiful soul he is, didn't mind slipping me a few pieces. Kaname's my favourite now.

Later on, I went with Ema to her room. I hadn't spent that much time with her recently and I really missed her company.

As soon as she opened the door, I jumped on my bed and made myself comfortable.

"Let's share pictures!" I winked as I pulled my phone out of my pocket. She smiled and sat down next to me, camera in hand, Juli by her side.

I leaned on her shoulder as she flicked through her gallery. "Oooh, I like that one!" I exclaimed as a picture of everyone laughing at me holding my plate out popped up.