You Know I Can Take Whatever I Want

Start from the beginning

"You do realize that interrogating me won't work." Ben taunted.

Rey knew that Ben could read minds, but she wouldn't let him into her's. Therefore, she couldn't risk trying to infiltrate his.

"I know. I have no intention of trying to interrogate you." Rey laughed manically.

"That's a relief. Now you can release this uncomfortable restraints."

Rey stepped toward Ben. Her long cloak dragged behind her. She placed her hand on Ben's headrest and moved towards his face.

"Why would I do that when I have you right where I want you?" She whispered inches away from Ben's cheek.

"I don't know, it would be the hospitable thing to do."

Ben knew that his cheeky banter was getting under her skin, and he loved it. If he annoyed her enough, her barriers would come down enough for him to reach into her mind for a second.

"You're a cocky one aren't you?" Rey mumbled into his gaze.

"You're a temperamental one aren't you?" Ben jeered back.

Rey slammed her hand on his headrest and backed away. She laughed to herself like she knew something that Ben didn't. It puzzled him.

"Why did you come on to my ship? You knew I would catch you, you knew that I could kill you if I wanted."

"But you don't."

"How could you possibly know that?"

Ben sensed worry in her. He was bluffing that he was reading her mind, but she was starting to believe it.

"You know enough about me, who I am, what I can do. So, Rey, take a guess."

Her mental barrier fell down another inch.

"You couldn't possibly be reading my mind."

"Why not?"

Another inch.

"Because I'm not letting you in."

"You're sure of that?"

Rey's expression went cold. And just for a second she let go. Ben instantly grabbed hold of her mind tightly. Rey gasped in pain and clutched her forehead.

In her mind, Ben saw tunnels of darkness leading nowhere and dark clouds floating in front of a blue sky. He continued to probe until he found himself in a sandy desert. Standing next to him was a child. She was screaming and crying at a passing ship in the sky. A cloaked man with wrinkly hands was pulling her away into a separate ship. The child glanced once more to the sky before being pulled away. As her small face filled with tears tilted upwards, the ship suddenly erupted into pieces. A piercing mixture of screams and cries came out of her mouth as she was being yanked away.

"They're gone, no time for whining!" The cloaked man yelled at the child.

"Mama! Papa!" The girl cried out.

Just before Ben could see the girl being dragged to the ship, he felt a warm fire on his throat. He removed himself from Rey's mind to find her double sided lightsaber poised to decapitate him.

"Get. Out. Of. My. Head." Rey hissed at Ben.

"That little girl was you, wasn't it?" Ben chose his words carefully because dying wasn't apart of his assassination plan. 

"I said, get out of my head." Rey retorted.

"Why were you so scared? Who was the man taking you away from your parents?" Ben whispered.