chapter 10

Today is Monday, Dean got new truck tires for me yesterday so I drove to school. Chance has a project that is due today so he went to the library to start on it.

The whole way to school my anxiety was sky high. What are people going to think of me now? Will they give me respect like they do Zack? Speaking of Zack, he stayed at my house until Sunday afternoon. All Saturday and Sunday we played football with Dean, Tony, and Gavin, then we would go inside to play madden. Zack still beats me. After Zack left I told the guys about Zack and I walking to the park at one in the morning.

"You so have a crush on him." Dean said. I started blushing like mad.

"I knew it! I knew it!" Tony yells. "You do have a crush on him!"

"No it don't." I say. I can still feel the heat in my face, neck, and ears.

I get out of my truck and see Zack walking to me.

"You look nerves." Zack says.

"That would be because I am." I say.

"Why?"

"They might hate me more." I say. He rolls his eyes.

"They won't hate you."

"but-" Zack cuts me off by putting his index finger on my lips.

"Trust me." he says. I nod. We walk into the building and everyone who was in the hallway stops their conversations. Then they start clapping and cheering.

"Good game." Some people say and others say things similar to that.

"They are cheering for you." Zack whispers in my ear.

"No they're not." I say back.

"What did I say about trusting me?" Zack asks. I look up at Zack and he looks down at me. He smiles then I smile. Thankfully the bell rings before he can see me blush. Talk about saved by the bell.

~****~

"That was a great game." Coach Kemp says after practice. "Don't forget next week is the homecoming game. Y'all are dismissed."

I after I come out of the girl's looker room I walk towards my truck I hear Zack talking to someone. I know I shouldn't listen but...

"I didn't see you at the party." The other guy says.

"Because I wasn't there." Zack says.

"You always go to parties."

"Something better came up."

"Did you bang her?" the guy asks.

"Bang who?"

"Dylan." The guy says in a duh tone.

"No it's not like that."

"So you're not going to have some fun on the side of you plan to get revenge?" I don't hear Zack's answer because I walk away.

When I get home I go straight to my room and lock the door. He didn't really want to be my friend. He was only getting close with me so he could get his revenge and maybe have sex on the side.

After about an hour Dean knocks on my door.

"What?" I ask.

"Have you been crying?" Dean asks. I wipe away my tears.

"no." I lie.

"I know you are lying." He says.

"Just go away." I say.

"Let me try." Gavin says to dean. "Please, Dylan, let me in."

"no." I say.

"fine." Gavin says. Then five minutes later I hear a knock on my window. I open the curtain to see Gavin. I open the window and let him in.

"Did you climb to my window, which is on the second floor, just to talk to me?" I ask.

"yes." He says. "So what's wrong?"

"nothing." I say and set on my bed.

"I did not just climb up to your window for you to say it's nothing." He says. "Please tell me what happened."

"Today after practice I overheard Zack talking to a guy on the team. The guy asked why Zack didn't go to the party, and Zack said something better came up. Then the guy asked he banged me. Zack said no. then the guy was like, 'so you're not going to have some fun on the side of you plan to get revenge?' then I walked away." I say and Gavin nods.

"So did Zack say he was planning on getting revenge?" Gavin asks.

"Well... no, but..."

"I'm not am expert but I don't think Zack is trying to get revenge on you." Gavin says.

"What makes you think that?"

"Either he really cares about you or he is an amazing actor." Gavin says. "But seriously I doubt he is trying to get his revenge." Gavin kisses me on the forehead. "Come on let's go play madden or something."