6

Sonics P.O.V.
We had been walking for hours and we have both not said a single word. I decided to just follow Shadow knowing that if I didn't contradict him, this would be all easier and faster to get over with.

Then...

It started raining.

Hours ago, Shadow had told me to drop the fabrics used in the tents and I had not listened. I put one over Shadow and the other one over me.

I could see that he looked a bit surprised that I even thoughts about this. "I think you should know by now why I grabbed these. I used to not have a house Shadow, I used to be living in the woods so I know a thing or two about surviving around here. You may not had noticed but the sky was a reddish color in the morning, the birds and animals went in shelters about 2 hours ago and the clouds, Shadow the clouds were turning black each step we made. It is going to rain for hours. We need to find a place to stay at until this calms down. The wind is getting strong too." I said but he kept walking.

The rain became heavier and heavier making it harder for us to even see. He hadn't said a word to me yet then he pointed somewhere.

"There. Hurry up." He said as he found a cave. He had actually been looking for a place to rest this whole time. I nodded and we both dashed to the cave.

I sighed and took the thing off as Shadow did too. He took off the backpack too and put it on the floor then sighed. He grabbed the flashlight, the cave was bigger so he walked deeper into it.

I stayed where we were at and immediately started making a fire since the cave was already cold but I knew it was going to get colder. I grabbed the other flashlight and then I looked at Shadow.

"I don't think you should go on exploring the cave." I said and sat in front of the fire.

"I'm not going to go that far, idiot." He said clearly annoyed. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the rope from the backpack. I dashed to Shadow, I was freezing but I knew I couldn't lose Shadow. He looked at me with a glare. "What."

"Just tie this rope around you. You can follow the rope back if you end up lost." I said and he raised a brow. He looked a bit shocked for me to be telling him what to do in these situation.

"Fine. Give me the damn rope and get back." He said and snatched the rope out of my hands. His ears perked up all of a sudden. "Go use that blanket, Hedgehog."

Shadows P.O.V.
I kept walking and walking. I think Faker had tied the rope to a rock or something. Well at least I hoped he wasn't so much of an idiot to give me a rope and forget to tie the other end.

I found nothing inside the cave. The deeper I went, the more dangerous I knew it was. I sighed and turned around to go back.

That's when I realized how thankful I was that he gave me the rope.

He was finally acting tolerable and useful for once. I followed the rope back and saw that he was still awake. He had made a fire and tied the rope to a rock. He was by the entrance of the cave checking the weather outside. I untied the rope off my waist and put it down by the backpack.

"How is it looking outside?" I asked and he quickly glanced back then looked at me.

"It looks like it's a storm, I doubt it will stop soon." He sighed and walked closer as he rubbed his arm. He was clearly cold so I tossed him the blanket. I was cold too but I wasn't going to show it.

"Use it, Idiot." I said annoyed and he chuckled.

"I was busy. I was trying to fix these." He picked up the fabric of the old tents that we used to cover from the rain.

They were made like ponchos now. I raised a brow. He was surprising me more and more by what he was doing. I got closer and grabbed one.

"How did you do this?" I asked and he chuckled.

"I had to melt some of this for this to stay together and used the pocket knife to cut where I needed." He explained and I nodded slowly.

"How did you learn to do this stuff?" I asked.

And for the first time, we both started talking. I listened to him tell me about how his life was before.

For the first time, we got along and I didn't want to hurt him.