Final tests

Ruby was with her unit, marching through the woods, in full kit. Pyrrha, Coco, Velvet, Yatsuhashi, Fox and Neptune walked with her. They were to head to a firing range, showing marksmanship skills. Ruby had become a skilled marksmen test. 

Reaching the range, Ruby held her bolt action rifle, looking down the scope, seeing the target. As she shot, she saw the shot off center. She adjusted her scope, and fired, hitting the target in the center. She looked around, seeing it was clear of targets.

Pyrrha, Coco, Velvet, Neptune, Yatsuhashi and Fox moved in.

Yatsuhashi was the heavy gunner, carrying the Bren gun. Coco carried the BAR. Pyrrha carried a Thompson. Velvet and Neptune carried the M1 Garand while Fox carried a M1 Carbine. They moved through the trench like network, covering each other, before Ruby noticed a target hidden in a watch tower. She adjusted for distance, before firing, hitting the target in the head.

Pyrrha, and Coco went in first, taking out closer targets, as Velvet and Neptune fired on the further targets. Yatsuhashi sprayed his bren gun across the area. A target sprung from behind a wall, and Yatsuhashi sprayed the target.

"Advance." Pyrrha said, moving forward with the rest of her squad.

"You are in the dark." Ruby said, no longer able to see her squad.

She noticed a soldier placing an object on top of the underground training bunker. The person had a military uniform on, but something seemed off.

"Hey!" She yelled, causing the soldier to turn, and run.

Ruby chased the soldier, seeing the package was a detonation pack. She stopped, seeing it wasn't inert, with wires going the same direction as the person who planted it. Ruby followed the wires, seeing the soldier heading away from camp. 

She caught up to the soldier, and seeing the soldier talking with a person in a trench coat.

"Good work, now, let's cause some mayhem." the man said.

Ruby cut the cord, and hid behind a fallen tree.

The man pushed down the plunger, confused. 

"Shouldn't there be a boom? Where's the boom?!" he asked.

He turned towards the soldier.

"Neo, go back and see if the stuff is hooked up right, if they get done with training before that thing goes off, well, the boss wont be happy." He said.

The soldier nodded, and walked towards Ruby, following the wire.

-meanwhile-

Yang was crawling through mud, under barbwire, nearing a wall, before she placed a detonation pack and crawled away, uncoiling a cord, and climbed over a trench, before connecting it to a plunger, and twisting the handle, the pack exploding, destroying the wall.

She went with Jaune, Ren, Nora, and Sun through the breach, Yang's tenchgun blasting apart targets as she ran in. Nora, Sun and Jaune fired their M1 Rifles at targets placed behind flipped tables. Ren used his Thompson to spray the target.

They moved through the bunker, shooting the targets. They got out, before moving behind a tank, following it, and diving into a building, moving through the building, reaching the end of the street, seeing the end.

"Sun, front, Ren, Jaune, sides, I got back." She said

They moved forward, before reaching the end of the course.

"Done." a man said.