CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT

"You can't pull what you don't have."

And with that tiny voice, his eyes shoot open and Hyunjin raises his head immediately. Once he looks up, his eyes lock onto a pair of gorgeous e/c eyes, groggily opened.

"Y/N?" Hyunjin questions in disbelief.

"Hi Jinnie," Y/N croaks out in a rough voice.

Hyunjin turns around quickly and begins to wake up the other members. Most groan and whine when he forces them up without explaining.

"Why are you waking us up so early?" Changbin growls, yawning immediately after.

Hyunjin ignored him and runs back over to the bed side of Y/N.

Chan speaks up afterwards. "Hyunjin seriously why are we- Y/N?"

Chan trailed off after muttering Y/N's name, shocked to see his/her/their gorgeous e/c eyes open.

"Hi Channie," Y/N coughs out, sending Chan a soft smile, voice rough from not being used.

Chan moves forward a bit, a small smile building on his face. "You're up?"

Y/N shrugs and nods. "I suppose. I mean, my eyes are open and I'm speaking. So I think I am?"

"Glad to see your sarcasm hasn't diminished," Minho chuckles playfully.

Y/N giggles, before a confused expression falls over his/her/their face. "Can I ask a question? Or five?"

"Yeah sure go ahead," Felix agrees, nodding his head rapidly. "What's wrong baby?"

"Well my first question is," Y/N starts. "What the hell happened? Why am I in the hospital? How long have I been in the hospital? Why do I feel like shit? Why are there cuts and bruises on me? And why do you all look slightly pissed as well as relieved?"

"That was a lot," Changbin chuckles.

"So first off," Jisung begins carefully. "You're in the hospital because you got really really hurt by David."

"Wait what?" A even more confused expression falls over Y/N's face. "Why don't I remember that? I just remember heading to my car, then that's about it."

Jeongin gives me a sad smile. "He hurt you when you got to your car, or that's what your friends told us."

"And you probably feel like, as you said, shit because your body is still healing," Seungmin speaks up. "You've been in a coma for around a month."

"WAIT WHAT?!" Y/N exclaims, sitting up further quickly. "COMA?"

"How the fuck did that happen?" Y/N mumbles, tears filling his/her/their eyes. "Why did this happen to me?"

Hyunjin moves forward quickly and wraps his arms around Y/N carefully. "Baby, please calm down okay? You need to stay calm. You're still healing."

"But..."

"No no baby," Hyunjin mumbles. "Just take some deep breaths. You're safe."

Y/N nods his/her/their head and leans against Hyunjin, snuggling his/her/their head into Hyunjin's neck trying to calm down.

After a few moments, Y/N speaks up again. "So that leads me to my last question. Why did you guys look slightly pissed when I woke up? Did you not want me to?"