CHAPTER TWO

The next day, work continued as normal for the first part of the morning. I was in the back for the most part, baking as much as I can. Around twelve, I went to work in the front because we always tapper off baking around then. That way, we don't make too much and have to throw a lot away. It's always sad to see perfect sweets going into the trash.

I was working in the front, when a man came in. He looked as though he was from Asian decent and older in his years. I was helping another customer and went to help him once I was done.

"Hello Sir, what can I help you with today?" I asked politely.

He looked at me and gave me a soft smile, "Hello, I had called yesterday morning about a cake."

"Oh, yes, we're you the one with the marbled cake?" We had two cakes asked for yesterday, so I was making sure.

He nodded before answering "Yes that's the one. Is it ready?"

I nodded my head with a smile. "I can run back and get it for you, one of our bakers finished it this morning."

"That would be great thanks."

I rushed into the back and grabbed the cake carefully. It was a two layer marbled cake, with a cream cheese frosting and chocolate melted over top, creating a drip look on the sides, but a smooth layer on top.

Heading back to the front, I set the cake down in front of him and showed him the cake. "Does this look like you wanted?"

"Yes it does, thank you very much."

"Of course, now it will be 80 dollars."

He handed me his card and we finished what we had to. I turned back to him and handed him his card back, when he gasped slightly.

I looked at him quizzically.

He looked embarrassed. "Sorry, that's just a, uh lovely tattoo."

"Oh, uh, thanks I suppose." I was kinda confused but decided to let it slide. To be fair, its not an uncommon reaction.

"Have a nice day!" I waved as he left.

Once he was gone, I went to the back again to help start to clean up. When I came back, I looked at the time.

"Shit," i mumbled before quickly going to get my stuff.

Lisa, my coworker, look at me amused. "You're almost late for class again aren't you?"

"Yes, so have fun and don't burn down my bakery!"

I rushed to my car and almost sped my entire way to the university. You see, I'm studying law, so I still go to school. Despite not wanting to, having a degree will be good in the long run.

Class finished around 8 so I decided to just skip dinner and head home. I laid down on the couch and began to work on some of the stuff assigned from the classes I took, and before I knew it, I was knocked out.