CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN

"I really didn't think you were going to make it," a voice muses. "I mean honestly, hearing you were still alive shocked me to my core."

A hand moves to caress Y/N's face, cupping Y/N's face in one hand.

"I have to give you props though. You are a lot stronger than I thought you were. Even though you are in a coma. Which honestly, might be worse than death. I mean," the male pauses. "You can hear everything that is going on. You can hear your friends and soulmates come visit you, but the most you can do is just barely squeeze their hands! It's laughable. You used to be this "don't fuck with me" type of human, and now you can't move a fucking muscle. Very entertaining transition for me to watch."

Noises come from outside the hallway, but the person standing in Y/N'a hospital room remains unfazed. "I like you like this though. So quiet and calm, not chewing me out like always. Honestly, it's really refreshing. I never thought I'd be able to get a shred of quiet around you, but here we are."

Suddenly, the door behind the man opens and nine people enter the room. The members of Stray Kids freeze upon looking at the face of the man in the room already. Quickly, however, their faces morph into ones of anger and hatred.

"Get out," Changbin seethes, clenching his jaw. "Get out now."

David smirks, turning to face them and dropping his hand from Y/N's face. "Nice to see you guys too."

Chan steps forward. "Get the hell away from Y/N, now!"

"Or what?" David mocks. "You can't do anything to me without it being charged. I'm a free man."

"Yeah well, Mr Free Man," Felix begins angrily. "Your ass is about to get kicked if you don't leave."

"So just leave," Minho continues. "Before this becomes a bigger deal than it has to be."

"I'm just paying my respects to a friend in the hospital," David hums, faking innocence. "I heard Y/N started to wake up a week ago. How's that going?"

"That's none of your business," Hyunjin barks. "You're the one that put Y/N in here."

David thinks for a moment. "Well if I did in fact but Y/N in here, shouldn't I get a right to know how he/she/they are doing?"

"No," Seungmin answers immediately. "You don't."

"Just go already man," Jisung hums annoyed. "Before we call security."

"But I've done nothing wrong," David smirks.

"Well that's a load of bullshit," Felix states angrily.

David begins to move away from Y/N, so the members of Stray Kids move around him to stand in front of Y/N in a protective stance.

"You've paid your respects," Jeongin growls. "Now get out."

David raises his hands in mock surrender, before shooting a wink at the boys and sauntering off into the hallway. Once he is gone, the boys immediately clump around Y/N's bed, making sure that Y/N is fine. After about and hour of them fussing over Y/N and letting their anger towards David out, they finally calm down and take their seats around the room.

"We're so so sorry about that babyboy/babygirl," Chan mumbles softly, taking a seat by Y/N and taking his/her/their hand into his.

Changbin copies Chan, taking Y/N's other hand and sitting down on his/her/their other side. "We are really glad he didn't do anything to you though."

"How are you feeling today Y/N?" Hyunjin inquires, changing the subject knowing his other soulmates are still angry. "I know you can't really respond but, I thought I should ask."

After a few moments of silence, Jeongin speaks up. "We are getting closer to finishing our new album. It's gonna be really good. You're gonna love it."

"You will definitely love it," Jisung hums. "Not to mention we have a song in their about you."

Felix nods. "And we all have pretty equal parts in it."

"It took us forever to write though," Seungmin whines. "But it was definitely worth it."

"When you wake up," Jisung begins softly. "We'll let you listen to it."

"I might try to convince them to preform it for you," Minho chuckles happily. "It would we a fun sight to see, I promise you that."

Everyone falls silent for a few moments. The atmosphere is light once again, but they seem to have run out of things to say. So, instead of searching for words, the members of Stray Kids decide to sight in a comfortable silence for a while. Slowly, a few of them slip into sleep as the night drags on, cuddling up against each other.
Chan has gotten up and went to bed, cuddled with Minho. Hyunjin has switched places with Changbin, insisting that the male go curl up against Felix and fall asleep. After a few minutes of quiet debate, Changbin gave up and went to Felix, falling asleep instantly.

"Hey Y/N," Hyunjin whispers, keeping his voice down so he doesn't wake the others. "It's getting really late but I wanted to talk for a bit."

He takes a deep breath before continuing. "We come in here and act fine everyday, but it's so hard. I mean, none of us sleep very well anymore. I've noticed all of us, me included, dozing of during practices or recording. It's really taken a toll on all of us."

Hyunjin pauses, then quickly continues. "Mind you, none of us are blaming you. Hell, I don't think any of us could if we tried. But we just can't be with you all the time, and we are worried about what could happen to you. I mean, today David came in here and was talking with you for who knows how long before we showed up. It's just things like this that make us worried that we won't be able to help you when you need it most. For goodness sake, you almost died and we didn't even know until the doctor handling you called us to inform us."

Hyunjin quiets down for a little while, squeezing Y/N'a hand tight. After a few minutes, he speaks again. Except this time, he tries to lighten the mood.

"You know," he chuckles softly. "I've been so tired that I completely spaced thinking I did my stretches when I didn't, which caused me to almost pull a muscle. The rest of the members laughed at me for the next two days."

When silence ensues, Hyunjin drops his head down onto his arm, shutting his eyes and beginning to fall asleep.

"You can't pull what you don't have."

And with that tiny voice, his eyes shoot open and Hyunjin raises his head immediately. Once he looks up, his eyes lock onto a pair of gorgeous e/c eyes, groggily opened.

---This is very very very very late and I am so sorry. My test is Thursday and I should be updating more frequently after that. But fair warning, there are only 5 chapters max left before I end the story.---