Chapter Seven, Part Two

A/N: Here's part two!! Remember that the huge Italic chunk is them looking through the memories in the cache. Please enjoy everyone!

Oralie's eyes widened and shock spread across her face.

"How- how is this possible? Aren't you... dead?" Oralie asked Jolie.

"Like I said, I escaped before the flames killed me, though I did end up with some scarring." Jolie gestured to the burns on her neck and jawline. "Six years ago, I made a deal with the Black Swan. The deal granted me, and the Moonlark, absolute safety, but soon after, I realized the only way to do so, was if I wasn't alive in the first place."

"So you faked your death."

"Exactly."

"But, why? Why would you do that to your parents, to your fiancé?!"

"When I first joined the Black Swan, the Collective ordered for me to be a double agent against the Neverseen, a group of rebels who have only caused chaos in the Lost Cities. Little did I know, my fiancé was apart of their group. Once he found out the truth about my connection to the Black Swan, he set a fire that was meant to kill me and I released a faux swan song. I took my 'death' as an opportunity to work in secret for our organization, to be a secret weapon. If the Neverseen knew, they'd harm everyone I love and care about until they find me and kill me themselves."

"So, the Neverseen is a threat." Oralie stated.

"Yes, sadly. They have/had plans involving Stellarlune as I mentioned. I didn't hear much from the time I was 'with them', but I did hear it had a part to play in something called the Lodestar Initiative." Jolie told her.

"Where did they get the Stellarlune from? It's illegal for any elf, including the Council, to posses it."

"Wouldn't you be the one to know? You are a Councilor after all."

"It's impossible for someone without training to bottle that sort of light, and only the Council has access to quintessence."

"Apparently not that impossible. But, that's not what you should be worrying about. If Stellarlune was capable of manifesting two abilities in me, who knows what else it could do to if the dosage is upped."

"It could cause the Neverseen to have infinite power." Oralie suggested.

"Exactly." Jolie said and stood up from her chair, "Which is why I'm telling you this. If anything bad happens, I'll need someone with greater power to help, a councilor. I need to trust you completely to keep this information safe, and not. tell. anyone."

"I-I promise."

"Good." Jolie started and left the room coming back with another person who held a round object in his hand. "This is one of our telepaths. He will help you put all the information into this." she said holding up a small cache.

"Why is the cache necessary?" Oralie said looking terrified.

"Because everything you've just heard is classified information, and everything you're about to find out is even more so."

The man next to Jolie took of his disguise to reveal his face to her.

"Kenric?"