50: Mitsuha (Lemon)

Start from the beginning

"I'm just a fitness instructor," I said, shrugging my shoulders but I thought I saw him blush a little.

"Of course you are," he mumbled under his breath, and I was certain I wasn't supposed to hear that. "So - er - no ring... can I assume divorced?" He asked tentatively, nodding his head down towards my left hand.

"Oh, yes, three years ago now. We divorced when Mitsuha was only one, so she never really knew us together. Now we share custody over her. I'm hoping she'll soon start developing his quirk," I said, looking down at my little girl who was picking leaves off of bushes as we walked.

"What about your own quirk?" He asked but I shook my head.

"I'm quirkless."

"Ah... sorry," he mumbled.

"No need to apologise," I smiled up at him. "Oh, this is us, right here," I pointed at our garden gate. Politely he opened it for us, and we all walked through towards the front door. "Thank you for walking us back... and for saving us."

"No problem," he smiled.

"Thank you Shoto!" Mitsuha said loudly.

"Anytime Mitsuha," he laughed, ruffling her hair. I slowly unlocked the front door and Mitsuha waved to the hero before walking inside and out of sight. "So..."

"So... goodbye, Shoto-,"

"Wait- um, I know that perhaps this is a little forward but would you - I don't know - maybe want to get dinner some time? W-with me?" He mumbled incredibly quickly.

"W-wow- really?" I asked, my eyes wide with disbelief.

"Yeah... if you wanted to of course," he said with a little more confidence. I couldn't stop the smile from spreading across my face.

"Yes, I'd love to!" I tried not to seem as overly excited as I was on the inside.

"Great, how about tomorrow night, at seven?" He asked and again I nodded.

"Mitsuha will be at her dads then so yes, sounds good to me," I smiled.

"Great... it's a date," he said timidly and I nodded. "I'll pick you up. See you later."

"Y-yeah, bye!" I called out to him as he walked out of sight. My heart was beating rapidly, unable to comprehend what had just happened.

"Mummy why are you bright red?" Mitsuha suddenly asked from behind me.

"O-oh, no reason... c'mon, lets get you some lunch," I said, the smile on my face refusing to disappear.

- Timeskip -

Wearing a red knee length dress with black heels, I was sat in my living area waiting patiently for Shoto to arrive. Nerves had filled my entire body and I was tapping my foot uncontrollably, and that's when I heard a car pull up outside. Peeping out the window I saw a Shoto emerge from a fancy black car in a sharp suit which made him look irresistible.

I answered the door as soon as he knocked, perhaps a little too eager, but I did notice him blush a little when he saw me. "Hello," he smiled.

"Hi," I said simply.

"Shall we?" He asked, offering his arm. Timidly I accepted and he helped me into the car, then driving me towards an incredibly fancy restaurant, the kind of place you'd expect Pro Heroes and wealthy people to dine in. I tried not to show the fact that I really didn't belong in a place like this, and tried to straighten my posture as the waiter showed us to our seats.

The two of us began talking, awkwardly at first but as the night progressed we felt more and more comfortable in each others company. I forgot about my surroundings and the high-status restaurant, resulting in me just being me. "So what made you become a Pro Hero?" I asked.