34: Sleepover at Tsu's

Note: I'm incredibly happy with this oneshot, and I think it's absolutely adorable, I hope you'll think so too!

Quirk: Hydrokinesis

 The bell signalling the end of school finally rung, and as it was Friday, it was time for the weekend. I was excited as Tsu had invited me, Ochaco, Midoriya, Iida and Shoto over to hers for a sleepover that evening. Being able to let loose just for one night was definitely what I needed after a long week of hard work.

"You ready to walk home, (y/n)?" Ochaco wandered over to my desk.

"Yeah, I can't wait to go to Tsu's later," I smiled.

"I know, right? It should be so much fun!" Ochaco beamed.

"Are you guys looking forward to it?" I asked as Iida, Midoriya ad Shoto walked up to us.

"Yeah absolutely, I'm going to bring over a few films for us to watch," Midoriya said.

"As long as they're all age appropriate," Iida said. I glanced up at Shoto who seemed to be looking at me, so I smiled but as soon as I did he turned his head away. 'Strange,' I thought. He'd been acting like that quite often recently, not talking to me as much as he usually would do. I hoped I hadn't done anything to annoy him, we'd usually talk about personal things all the time together.

- Timeskip -

"We have to make brownies later, although don't tell Iida, oh and we have to play plenty of board games! And those classic sleepover games like truth or dare, that'd be pretty fun. I wonder how big Tsu's house is, do you reckon we'll be sleeping together in one room or will the boys sleep in one and girls sleep in the other? I hope we'll all be together, I guess that depends on Tsu's parents... although didn't she say something about her parents not being there? Perhaps that's why she's allowed to host this... (y/n)? Earth to (y/n)!" Ochaco said, snapping me out of my daydream. I hadn't registered a single word of what she had just rambled about, so I replied with an awkward 'yeah'. "What's wrong? You seem really distracted," she pointed out and I sighed.

"Well it's Shoto... he's seemed so distant from me recently. Well not so distant, like we're still friends, we still talk and hang out obviously, but we used to share everything and now... we don't," I mumbled. "Has he said anything to you? Or Midoriya?" I asked.

"Erm... no, no he hasn't," she said awkwardly, rubbing the back of her head. I looked suspiciously at her as she changed the subject quickly, rambling away but again my thoughts were elsewhere. I knew I'd have to try and figure out what had gotten him so distracted tonight. I really hope I haven't angered him in anyway... perhaps I could make some of my homemade muffins he said he liked and I could bring my Switch that he'd only get to play when he was round mine, as his father refused to let him buy one... hopefully that'd get him talking properly to me again.

When we reached my house I waved goodbye to the brunette and wandered inside, immediately asking my mum for help to make some muffins. Whilst they were baking I packed a large bag, fitting in the Switch and a few games I knew he liked, then using clothes and pyjamas as padding around it so that hopefully it didn't break. When I was fully packed the muffins were done, and they smelt so good as they came out of the oven. Still warm, we put them in a sealed container and mum drove me to Tsu's at about 18:00.

When I arrived, Shoto was walking up the drive also. Tsu had a fairly big house with a big drive where two cars sat. I ran to catch up with Shoto, calling his name out. "Hey! You alright?" I asked happily, and he smiled when he saw me making me feel elated.

"Yeah, you? That bag looks really heavy, do you want me to carry it?" He asked. I smiled at his gentlemanly manners, but shook my head.

"That's okay, thank you though. In fact I brought my Switch over as I thought perhaps you'd like to play it? Maybe we can have another tournament?" I asked and I could've sworn I saw him blush. He looked down and shuffled his feet, avoiding eye contact with me which made my heart break a little.