16: Torture

Warning! As the title makes obvious, there'll be torture scenes in this one shot. It's quite heavy, and there'll be mentions of rape (but not detailed). Please be aware of this factor before reading! 

Quirk: Hydrokinesis 

 As Shoto and I were both Pro Heroes, our lives had become incredibly hectic. Together, our quirks worked well and we were always a team, resulting in us being the most famous Pro Hero couple. We'd always get results, and we'd always work quickly and efficiently, as years of being together meant that we knew each other like the back of each others hands. It was midday when I suddenly got a call, the police desperate for our attention. A large junior school went up in flames suddenly, and a lot of the children and teachers were trapped inside. Immediately Shoto and I ran in our hero costumes towards the site, horrified at how strong the blaze was. The area was manic, children were crying loudly, ambulances sirens where whirling and police officers were shouting. I saw Best Jeanist run out of the building carrying three children, all of which had charred faces. He immediately ran back into the burning building, in search for more children as the teachers cried about the ones trapped inside.

"(y/n), I'm going in, you stay out here with Backdraft and try and get this thing under control," Shoto said turning towards me.

"What? You can't go in there!" I clung onto him.

"There's children that need saving, I'll be alright, I promise," he said, leaning in and kissing me passionately. "Get this thing under control for us," he said and I nodded. He ran inside and I starting spraying water from my hands towards the building. Backdraft took the east side and I took the west. Shoto had already managed to carry out six children, and luckily Kirishima, Midoriya and Kendo had managed to join, each heading into the building to help with the rescue. After fifteen minutes it was getting difficult to pull moisture from the air to revert it into water, but I wasn't going to give up. A small cry however caught my attention.

"H-help me! Please!" A small voice said. I looked over through one of the smashed windows to see a small child under a large piece of rubble, and my heart immediately broke.

"S-Shoto! Shoto!" I called, knowing that I shouldn't stop trying to put the fire out completely.

"H-help!" She squealed again. I couldn't stop myself, I immediately jumped through the window towards the helpless girl, coughing from the sudden smoke that hit my face. As gently as I could I lifted the rubble off of her, and she wriggled out quickly. "M-my friend is down there!" She shouted, pointing to the burning classroom door.

"You need to get out, g-go out that w-window-," I said, trying not to cough. In such a deep situation like this my quirk was useless, as there was no moisture in the air. I jumped out of the classroom when an arm wrapped around my body encasing my arms, and a hand appeared over my face with a ragged cloth in it. Before I had a chance to shout out, the cloth was pressed against my nose and mouth, making me breath in the weird smell upon the fabric. After that, everything went dark.

Cold. That was the first thing I remember. A sudden pain in my wrists caused me to flinch and I slowly opened my eyes to realise that I did not recognise where I was. Looking around, I was in a cold, dark, damp room with black stone walls and chains that hung from the ceiling. I looked at my wrists and found myself handcuffed to some chains, my arms spread out in a cross and my feet cuffed together. Luckily I could touch the floor, so my weight wasn't purely on my wrists. "How... did I get here?" I whispered to myself. A sudden panic washed through me as I thought of Shoto, desperately hoping he was alive and well. I heard a metal clang and to the right of me I saw a large door open, and in walked a couple of recognisable faces. Dabi was leading the small group of three, with Toga and Twice behind him.