44: Mothers Day

Quirk: Plant manipulation

 The final bell of the day rung and I packed my school bag, nervous about what was coming. It was mothers day today, so this evening my father and I had planned a cinema trip and a meal out as a surprise for my mum, however before that Shoto asked me to accompany him to meet his mother for the first time. All day my mind had been occupied with how I should talk to her as I was terrified of bringing up something from her past that shouldn't be talked about. Given the fact that her own husband put her in hospital under twenty-four hour surveillance after pouring hot water onto Shoto, I was unsure of how to talk to her.

Unknowingly, Shoto approached me and tapped me on the shoulder, making me jump. "Sho!" I exclaimed, clutching my heart.

"You ready to go?" He asked with a smile.

"Y-yeah," I replied, cursing internally at my stuttering, hoping he didn't notice but of course, he did.

"Are you still nervous?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows slightly.

"I'm sorry Shoto, I can't help but be! It's my first time meeting her, what do I talk to her about? How do I act, I don't want to say something wrong and for it to be awkward or for her to not like me!" I said all in one breath.

"Listen," he said after a pause. "She's probably thinking the same thing. She's been bothering me to get you to come and meet her, and who couldn't like you? You're perfect," he mumbled, kissing my head through my hair making me blush.

"Ugh, get a room you freaks," we heard Bakugou grunt as he passed us but we didn't care.

"Listen, just avoid bringing up my father or my scar and you'll be fine," he said, staring into my (e/c) eyes.

"Okay Shoto, I can do this," I said, nodding. He took my hand and we said our goodbyes to those few remaining in the class, then walking out of school and down the roads heading to the hospital. The wind was cold but Shoto gently warmed his fire side for me to clutch onto so I didn't shiver. It was small actions like that that made my heart flutter and knowing I had the right man, which made me even more nervous to meet his mum as I didn't want to blow it. We stopped off at a florists and bought a small bouquet of white roses. When we reached the hospital we went through the main entrance and Shoto signed us in at the reception desk. He had done this almost everyday since the sports festival, so he knew the protocol and his way around pretty well. Neither of us really knew why it took so long for me to meet his mother.

"Here we are," he said, stopping outside a door. He pulled it to aside, the light from the window shining through and hitting my eyes.

"Shoto," I heard a gentle voice say.

"Happy mothers day, mum. I brought someone to meet you," he said, stepping aside to reveal me. The door led into a miniature completely white bedroom which had a desk to my left and a bed in front of me. To my right there was an opening to what looked like a small kitchen, with a dining table. In front of me was the bed with Rei Todoroki sitting in it. As the window was directly behind it, I could barely see her, but as my eyes began to adjust they revealed a fairly young looking woman with snow white hair, grey eyes and a kind smile. She looked incredibly pretty and gentle as she stared at me sweetly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ms Todoroki... I'm (y/n) (l/n)," I said, bowing a little.

"It's pleasure to meet you too (y/n)," she said and I lifted my head up, seeing her slowly rise to her feet. Shoto carefully held out his hands protectively as she brought him in for a tight hug, him happily reciprocating with a smile on his face that made me blush. When they pulled apart she turned to me, opening her arms up. Shoto nodded subtly and I couldn't help but smile myself as I hugged his mother tightly. "Finally, I get to meet the young girl that has made my son so happy," she whispered in my ear.