CHAPTER TWENTY

Começar do início

"Come over here, Rosalie," he told me, gently, but commanding.

"Why?" I asked, feigning shyness. All I wanted to do was to go to him.

There was an almost sinister trait as Aiden smiled at me, and I wondered what he would do with me. "Because I didn't kiss you nearly enough last night."

He turned off the stove and turned to me completely, wiping his hand on the kitchen towel.

I took the few steps I needed to cross the kitchen to get to him, slowly, wanting to make him wait; to see if he would react.

He didn't move or make a sound.

Aiden was an incredibly patient man.

The moment I got to him, however, he took my face in his hands and kissed me deeply. I let myself go to him completely.

He lowered himself to me and kissed me.

When he pulled away, there was a blissful smile on his face.

"I hope the couch wasn't too uncomfortable," I told him.

"Believe me, Rosalie, I had one of the best night's sleep I had gotten in a long time," Aiden smirked at me.

"You're making me breakfast," I said, hopping up on to the counter, "And cutting fruit for me."

"I figured you would like some breakfast and that maybe you shouldn't cook it after what you told me last night about your cooking adventures," he reminded me, making me laugh.

He leaned into me with a laugh and kissed me gently. "Your laugh," he breathed, "Makes the whole world feel better."

"Stop," I said, pushing on his chest, unable to stop my smile.

He caught my hand in his and kissed it.

"Breakfast?" he asked, sliding two pancakes on to a plate for me.

I took it out of his hand and ate, hungrily.

"Amazing," I told him, "These are so good. I could have them every day."

Aiden eyed me with a smile, but didn't respond.

"I want to show you something today," he said, after a beat.

"What?" I asked, setting my plate down on the counter beside me, pancake still in hand.

"That would be a surprise," he said, pumping his eyebrows, "Why don't you finish breakfast and get changed? I'll go back to my place, change clothes myself and meet you back here in about forty-five minutes. How does that sound?"

"Great," I shrugged.

Aiden leaned over the counter and kissed me once. "I'll see you soon, Rosalie," he cooed in my ear and walked away with his signature smirk on his face.

I finished the leftover pancakes, partly because I was hungry and partly because they were just so good. I didn't know pancakes could ever be that good.

And then I meandered over to my closet, wondering what in the world I should wear on an outing with a billionaire. In the end, I decided that I didn't have to change my style for anyone, so I slipped on a white cotton dress with small polka dots on it.

As I looked at myself in the mirror, I wondered if this was a good idea.

I had broken up with Ian only about a month ago and Aiden and Caroline had broken up only about two weeks ago. I felt horrible about being the wedding planner who had taken the groom after a break up.

Aiden likes me, too, I argued with myself.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, promising myself that I would ask Aiden about it today.