Chapter 8.

SORRY SORRY SORRY.

I know it's been so long since I last updated but I do have a good reason, kind of. My prelims (mock exams) are this week and next week so I have been studying like crazy. I have literally had no time for anything else.

On the plus side, I only have three left and once they're done IT'S CHRISTMAS, so I should hopefully be able to update a LOT more often.

Hopefully this was worth the wait. I doubt it hahah.

******

My legs shook as I stumbled up the ramp leading on to the plane. Sam's hand shot out and grabbed my arm, keeping me upright. I shot him a thankful smile, straightened my jacket and continued the fatal walk into the plane. The air hostess, who bore an uncanny resemblance to a barbie doll, was grinning like the cheshire cat at us but her fake smile faltered as she took in our appearance. My leather jacket, ripped skinny jeans and doc martins, Sam's skinny jeans, tattered converse and boner t-shirt; we didn't exactly scream high society. I handed her our tickets and she scanned them quickly. I was sure she was pondering what illegal schemes we were involved in to be able to provide us with enough money to travel first class.

The truth was we couldn't afford it but Alex had insisted on covering all costs. We had argued countless times over how we would be absolutely fine travelling in economy, but he wouldn't listen to our protests. I rolled my eyes as I thought of how stubborn and childish he was during an argument. There was no way anyone could win against him.

The air hostess handed us our tickets back. "Enjoy your flight," she said in a stiff tone.

"We shall," Sam replied in an exaggerated upper class English accent. I tried my best to stifle my snorts of laughter, at least until we had passed her. I scurried down the aisle between the chairs, finding mine and collapsing on to it in a fit of hysterics. Sam followed suit and the two of us sat laughing, earning a few glares off the other passengers.

"Did you see her face?" I snorted.

"Oh my god, that's made my day. Every time she comes over, I'm going to speak in that accent," he laughed. I snorted and rolled my eyes, before trying to stifle a yawn. I had taken travel sickness pills since I wasn't exactly the best during long journeys. Fortunately, the pills also made me extremely drowsy so I would be unconscious for most of the flight. My head flopped onto Sam's shoulder. He shifted around for a few seconds until he reached a more comfortable position. My eyelids drooped and suddenly keeping them opened felt like too great a task.

"Night Sam," I mumbled incoherently into his shoulder. I was out for the count before he even a had a chance to utter a reply.

A loud pop echoed through my ears, making me wake with a start. Sam shot me a sheepish grin and held out a freshly opened bag of peanuts. "Sorry. Want one?"

I shook my head and shifted uncomfortablly in my seat. The majority of my limbs were numb from the lack of blood flowing to them due to my curled up position. I stretched my entire body out, raising my arms above my head and pointing my toes. My joints popped into place, making Sam wince at the noise. "How long's left?" I questioned as I rubbed my eyes to remove any traces of sleep. Sam glanced at his watch and shrugged.

"I'd say there's about forty minutes left. You've been out for hours. I would have thought you were dead if it wasn't for the drool," he teased. I shoved him, causing him to spill the majority of his peanuts over the floor. "Oi, watch it!"

I stuck my tongue out at him, showing how mature I was. He rolled his eyes and placed his headphones back in his ears, attempting to ignore me. I frowned as I noticed the device in his hands."That's my ipod, you git! Give it back!" I hollered in his ear. He grinned wickedly and held the ipod just above my reach.