Chapter 12.

hey hi hello 

this chapter is really bad but pls don't hate it, I wrote it in like less than an hour and it was 2am but idk I just really wanted to upload something. So here you go, hope it doesn't suck too much. 

Dedicated to @saveyourself for giving me the mcr idea for this chapter ages and ages ago!

((I know mcr weren't at warped last year but yanno, its a fictional story)) 

Oh and if you vote/comment it means so much, ill luv u 5eva x

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, not caring in the slightest what direction I was heading. I couldn't stay and see the hurt in Alex's eyes. I hated that I couldn't let myself kiss him back, no matter how much I wanted to.

After a few minutes, the noise and light from the barbecue had completely disappeared. I was alone. I allowed myself to release the tears I had tried to keep back. My legs buckled from underneath me and I collapsed, slumping against the side of a bus. A loud sob escaped me, echoing in the silence of the night. I shifted until my back was leaning against the bus with my forehead resting against my knees. Tiny pieces of gravel clung to my shins. I brushed them off and wrapped my arms around my legs, sighing deeply.

What was I supposed to do now? How could I go back to the bus and face an entire summer with Alex after that? I had successfully ruined whatever friendship we had in the space of two minutes. Job well done, Mia.

"Are you okay back there?" a voice called out from the darkness. My head shot up and I squinted into the night, trying to make out who had spoken to me. I watched warily as a figure slowly approached from the other end of the bus. It wasn't until they were a mere few feet away from me that I realised who it was. "M'am, are you alright?"

"Yeah-no-I," I stuttered, not able to string a coherent sentence together. "Fuck, you're Gerard Way."

He chuckled and lowered himself to the spot next to me. "Yup, that would be me. And you are?"

"Amelia, but everyone calls me Mia.I'm not too sure why to be honest, they just always have. I'm sorry, I'm just such a huge fan of My Chemical Romance and this is so surreal," I babbled pointlessly. I thought I was bad before when talking to band members but that was nothing compared to my behaviour now. Luckily, Gerard seemed to find it amusing as a small smile spread across his face.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Mia. Can I ask you something?" I nodded hesitantly. "Why is a fan of our band crying by herself in the middle of the night?"

I shifted my gaze to the ground in front of me. "It's a long story and you'll probably think I'm an idiot."

"I have time and I can assure you, I won't think you're an idiot." His voice was so warm and inviting. I felt like I could talk to him about anything and he wouldn't judge me.

"So there's this guy, Alex, and we met a couple of months ago. We started talking twenty-four seven and we became really great friends. Then one time, we were on Skype and out of the blue, he asks me to come to America and spend the summer with him at Warped Tour. Obviously I said yes. I was so excited at the thought of spending the whole summer with him, especially since for a while now, I've had feelings for him. I didn't think for a second that he could actually like me back. But then tonight at the barbecue, the two of us were talking and before I knew what was happening, he was kissing me. I didn't kiss him back though. I stood up and bolted out there, and now here I am," I explained. It sounded even more stupid when I said it out loud.

Gerard, who had remained silent throughout my entire explanation, finally opened his mouth to speak."So you like this guy, and he clearly likes you too, but when he tries to kiss you, you run away? I think I'm missing something here."