Chapter 5.

R.I.P Mitch Lucker. He was such an incredible person and did not deserve to die. My thoughts are with his family at this horrible time.

Sorry that it's kind of jumped forwards in time a bit, I just want to hurry up and get to the actual story. Hope you enjoy :)

*****************

My head was pounding. I leaned over the edge of toilet, feeling the bile rush through my throat. Sam held my hair back and gently stroked my back, trying to comfort me. Once I was sure I was no longer going to throw up, I stood up and grabbed my toothbrush, furiously brushing my teeth in an attempt to feel clean again. It had almost become a routine over the past week. The cancer had caused my immune system to fail periodically, meaning that a small virus a normal person would be able to fight off in a day or so caused me to be ill for an entire week or more. This week had been particularly bad.

"Do you want anything? Food, water?" Sam asked me. I spat the toothpaste down the sink and shook my head.

"No," I said as I wiped my mouth with a towel.

"Would you at least consider going to the doctors?" he asked. I groaned in frustration.

"Why? So they can tell me what I already know? I'll be fine in a few days." I walked out of the bathroom and into the living room. I nestled under a pile of blankets and cushions and picked up my phone as it started to buzz.

"Who is it?" Sam asked curiously as he walked into the room. He sat down beside me, peered at the screen and laughed. "Alex, of course it is. That boy is head over heels for you and by the looks of it, you feel the same way."

"Shut up, we're just friends." I said as I read the text.

Alex: I've got some spare time, Skype? x

I grinned and told him yes, before I stood up to go in search of my laptop. I flopped back down on to the couch and booted it up. The thing was so old and slow, I was surprised it worked at all. "C'mon Mia, you guys have met in person once but have spent the last two months texting each other non-stop. Your phone bill is sky-high from the amount of messages you've sent him."

"So? Are friends not allowed to text each other?" I said as I typed the password in.

"Not your friends. You don't text. You've sent me about six texts in the last week and most of them were asking me to buy you things from the shop."

"Aww, is someone getting jealous?" I asked in an attempt to change the subject. He glared at me.

"We both know that's not what I meant. Stop trying to change the damn subject and admit you like him," he shot back.

"Of course I like him, as a friend," I said, putting emphasis on the friend. I signed into Skype and grinned when I saw Alex was already online.

"Whatever. I'll give you two lovebirds some privacy," he muttered and left the room. I rolled my eyes and hit the call button, grinning when Alex's face appeared on my screen.

"Hey Wendy," he greeted me and I grinned at his stupid nickname. I had watched the 2003 Peter Pan movie for the first time a few weeks ago and had become completely obsessed with all things Peter Pan. I read the book several times, and watched every movie that had ever been made to do with it. I forced Alex to watch the movie and he ended up loving it too.

"Hey Lex. Where are you?" I asked and squinted at the screen. It didn't look familiar at all.

"I'm in the studio. Jack's recording some guitar parts just now so I have some time off," he explained.

I nodded my head. "How's the album coming along?"

"It's good. I wrote a new song this morning that I'm pretty sure is going to be on it," he grinned.