So we meet again.

Nearly everyone was there just two more days until the esteemed Haungan-Jun was to marry. 

Who? No one knew.

There was just one clan missing. 

The Jiang clan. 

Wei Ying was hurt by his brother, not showing up. He tried not to let it show, but it made his heart hurt.

Lan Zhan noticed the bummed out expression on Wei Ying's face every time he was told the Jiang clan was not there yet. 

His brother.

His sister.

As much as he loved Lan Zhan, A-Yaun, and Jingyi, he still missed him, family. 

Jinyi had grown on him; he reminded him of a younger him. He was snarky and had a knack for breaking the rules. The boy was worthy enough for A-Yaun.

His little Sizhui had grown up so well. Though he took after Lan Zhan much more than Wei Ying himself, he was righteous, something both his parents were. He paid attention, often picking up on things other juniors missed.

Of course, Lan Zhan, there was no explaining his love for the man. Everything about Lan Zhan was lovable. Wei Ying cherished every moment he could with him.

Between the wedding and spending time with those three and growing a new core, he had not got a lot of time to see his grandma.

He had seen her maybe a total of four times. They were all fleeting and quick meetings. He enjoyed it none the less. 

One of these discussions was about Chenqing. She said he needed to use it if he ever wanted to find Wen Ning. He spent a lot of time thinking about it.

" Lan Zhan, you don't think Chenqing ruins my temperament, do you," Wei Ying asked. Lan Zhan looked up from his writing. 

" No," he says. The answer is quick in a manner that made Wei Ying think Lan Zhan had thought about it.

" You said once in my first life it would," Wei Ying said, and Lan Zhan's eyes snapped up to his.

" Wei Ying, good," is all Lan Zhan said. Wei Ying nodded, looking down at the instrument. It was odd to have it back after death.

In his first life, he had felt so attached to it. He felt invisible to everyone; he had never thought about being a victim to himself. He sat deep in thought for a while and then looked up to see Lan Zhan looking at him.

"Hm," Wei Ying said, and Lan Zhan's lip quirked in a small way.

" A walk," Lan Zhan asked. Wei Ying nodded silently.

They walked along a waterfall for a while—the two of them enjoying the silence and the beauty of it all. 

There was a noise in the distance, and Wei Ying ran to hide in a tree. They still had to be careful. 

" Lan Wangji," the unmistakable voice of Jiang Cheng yelled. Lan Zhan turned. Wei Ying paled.

Lan Zhan bowed, and Jiang Cheng did the same. 

" Shouldn't you be with your bride," Jiang Cheng all but sneered. Lan Zhan's face stayed cool.

" Groom," is all Lan Zhan said back. Jiang Cheng's eyebrows rose, and Wei Ying could see the comment on the tip of his tongue. 

" A man," Jiang Cheng said. " I thought it was just because he looked like a girl," Lan Zhan looked mad. Wei Ying had never seen him look this mad. It was plain as day on his face. Lan Zhan drew Bichen and Wei Ying's eyes widen.

" Don't speak of him to me," he grits out. Jiang Cheng is angered by this, and Ziden crackles around his knuckles. 

Wei Ying is frozen in horror as Jiang Cheng brings down Ziden and the electricity cackles as it smacks a rock that Lan Zhan had been standing on. 

Wei Ying knows Lan Zhan can hold his own, but seeing the two of them fight makes him drop from the tree. Two sets of eyes fall on his small frame.

" Wei Ying." Jiang Cheng calls.

" Wei Wuxian." Lan Zhan scolds

The two at the same time. Momentarily Wei Ying is stuck not knowing what to do. 

" How, you fell," Jiang Cheng says after he gets a grip.

Wei Ying's mouth is dry, and he all the sudden has nothing to say. No words will come out of his ordinarily talkative mouth. 

Lan Zhan also looks frozen in horror, not knowing how Jiang Cheng is going to react. 

All of a sudden, Jiang Cheng falls to his knees. 

Wei Ying rips forward with a cry of  "Jiang Cheng," he looks scared.

" A-Cheng," a new voice calls. Her tone is light. It stops Wei Ying in his tracks. 

A  golden tear falls down his face. 

A gasp.

"A-Ying," the voice cries.

Authors note...

Have a great day.

Thank you for reading.