・Second Traitor・ (PART TWO)

Start from the beginning

I then turn and went the other way. I was about to turn a corner when I spotted someone... and immediately hid behind the corner. It was Shimada. I peeked around the wall to find a gorgeous girl, with flowy blond hair that shined in the sun. She was playing with her hair and looking down, face pink. She looked at the ground nervously. Shimada was in front of her, with his hands in his pockets. They were alone...

I couldn't help but... eavesdrop on them. Well- I was just interested and curious... that's all. hehe.
The girl muttered something in her soft and gentle voice. I couldn't tell what she said, but I soon found out. Shimada placed a thin smile on his face, "Sorry, I already like somebody else..." The blond girl shot her head up at him in heartbroken rejection. Ouch... The feels... I feel really bad for her. I mean... I am almost as shocked as her. Her brownish eyes widened and I swear I could see broken hearts forming in her pupils. Poor girl.

Come to think of it... I never seen this girl before. Maybe it's because I only hang out with Ishida most of the time and never pay attention to other people? But HOLY SMOKES! Shimada likes somebody! I wonder who it is... I turned around the corner again to only get smacked in the face by somebody. My body went into panic mode as I backed away, apologizing frantically. "Oh my goodness! I'm sorry, I-" I look back up and my heart went heavy.

Shimada peered down at me with a poker face. HOLY MOLY- Great job of avoiding him you pathetic idiot! I stood there frozen and baffled, my face was heating up. He grew tall since then- Last time I remember we were about the same height. "Oh?" Shimada stood here dumbfounded. "Uh- I- er- I'm sorry!" I quickly walked past him, face still beat red. Before I can avoid this whole incident, "Wait!", Shimada caught my wrist... Uh oh- I was terrified. Does he know that I heard everything? What if he bullied me again this year?

I slowly turned around, my face was trembling. My face was probably still flushed and all I can do it just stand there and stare at his elegant features. Shimada cocked his head to the right, "Hey... I need to talk to you about something. Meet me after school?" His voice- It was so gentle and calming.

That was unexpected... I didn't know what to say or do. My wrist is still in his hand as I tried to avoid eye contact. "I... uh- er..." "Do you even speak my language?" He put on a teasing smile. Wow- I thought he will never show me that smile again. Somehow- with everything that happened to us, that smile still grew wings on my heart. "Wha- I mean yes! I will meet you after school." "Hehe- then see you..." He smiled again and finally let go of my hand. It fell through his soft fingers. I watched him walked away until I couldn't anymore. "Phew! Thank god something ba-"

"Are you his girlfriend?" I whipped around, to see the same girl who confessed to Shimada. She stood there innocently. "What! No..." I waved my hands and shook my head, face instantly went scarlet. "Oh... You must be the girl he likes!" She pointed at me. Who is this girl and why is she jumping into conclusions?! "I- No, I don't think so." I scratch my head thinking about all the rough times. "W-well sorry for sneaking up to you like that! Name's Eliza."
"Oh that's a pretty name... You can call me (y/n)..." "Well (y/n), I will see you around." She waved and ran off. She seems so bright and innocent, but my red alerts are going off as I catch something in her eye. There was an evil glint. I shuddered. Maybe... it's just the sun coming off her brown eyes!

I stood there taking in what just happened in 10 minutes and OMG!!
What was I thinking! I-I agreed to meet up with SHIMADA! The person that made my last year of elementary school miserable! THIS IS BAD! My heart was beating around my chest, bouncing everywhere, and diving into the pit of my stomach. "I'm a goner..." 

After School

I stood there leaning on the wall behind the school. I tried to act as normally as possible, but my mind was still racing with thoughts. Did he just made me meet here and not show? Is he tricking me? I waited for about 15 minutes till I just came up with the conclusion this is some kind of dare he had to do. I was about to walk away but I heard footsteps. "Hey. Sorry, my friends were holding me up." "That's fine, so what do you want to talk about with me?" I stared at the ground as he leaned on the wall beside me. "I... wanted to talk about the whole incident in elementary school..." "Oh..." I can hear him take a deep breath until he spoke again. "I'm sorry for treating you that way in elementary school." I looked up at him surprised. He met my eyes, "When you were standing up for Ishida... I got... Jealous. I guess I was so angry that I felt that I should treat you the same way I treated Ishida." "Oh Shimada..." My eyes saddened. "I just... couldn't get over the fact that you were sticking up for him. I couldn't get over the fact that you yelled at me... Even though I know it's all wrong. I was just so upset that he would even drag us down in trouble with him. When he said that you were the only one that stuck up for Nishimiya... I got the feeling he liked you. That made me even more upset." He stopped leaning on the wall and took my hands. "I'm sorry for doing this to you! Please forgive and let's start over again!"
"Oh Shimada, you silly duck..." I hugged his neck and cried on his shoulder.
"I-I forgive you! It's okay, I- *Sniff* understand!"

We stood there, just hugging each other again. It was a start, to fix this broken bond. "Did that mean you like me?" I put on a teasing smile and wiped away my tears. "Yea...By the way... are you friends with Ishida?" "Yea..." He sighed. "Hey! He actually changed yanno!" "I may like you, but I'm still hesitant about talking to him." "Maybe when you are ready... You can..." I gave Shimada a confident smile. "Yeah... maybe."

We walked home together, catching up on the moments we missed together. It was the most memorable, cherished, happiest, memory in my life so far. It made me go bubbly and bloom all types of flowers on the inside. It felt that spring has finally come and the coldness has melted away.

The next day

The next day, I walked into normally, but I was extremely happy. I was so happy, I didn't notice the whispers, pointing, and glares I'm getting. I finally caught up with the situation and looked around anxiously. Why are these people just staring at me? I became extremely anxious and walked faster to meet up with Ishida. Luckily the hallways were empty. I sighed and heard some fast footsteps nearing me.

"(Y/n) did you actually did that?!" Ishida comes hurling towards me with worry. "Excuse me... did what?" I cocked my head to one side. "There is a rumor going around about you hurting a girl name... Eliza? I believe that's her name." "WHAT!?" My anxiety levels went way beyond and my face went pale. "I never hurt a girl name, Eliza! I just met her yesterday! You gotta believe me Ishida!" I shook him, panicking. "It's okay (y/n), I do." He put a hand on my shoulder and gave me an assuring look. "What am I going to do! People are going to come to me when I did nothing! That girl framed me!" I was grabbing my hair in panic and fell down my knees. "It's okay (y/n), you can prove your innocence," Ishida spoke with me calmly.

My mind blocked him out. I am doom! Why would she do that! I didn't do anything to her! I- I don't know what I did. My eyes become blurry and I couldn't control the flood of emotions.

"(Y/n)." Somebody called out from behind me.

Calm yourself down (y/n). Take deep breaths. I then slowly turned around. Shimada and his group of friends are behind us. "We heard about the news and I already know it's fake." Shimada's hands were in his pocket when he approached us. Ishida's eyes widened a little as he watched Shimada take a knee and comfort me. "Listen Ishida, let's put our difficulties aside and help (y/n), okay? I'm not going to do anything to you." "Right..." Ishida mumbled and nodded his head. I can tell he was pretty hesitant around Shimada and Hirose, but ELIZA.

I took Shimada's hands. "Shimada what do I do? What if the whole school hates me and I have transferred out?" My breath was getting heavy. Shimada looks back at his friend group then back at me. He squeezed my hand and gave me that warm smile:

"Don't worry (y/n). We have a plan and I promise you, it will work."