・Second Chance・

Do you like reading about fantasy creatures and romance mystery? Well you're in luck because basketballbitch has made "Paradise Island!" Check this book out if you're interested and thank you Kenzie for mentioning this book in your story.

Heyyo! Welcome back. Miss you all! This chapter might give you a pain in the heart but don't worry, you will be a-ok! Enjoy!
-Author

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

(Y/n)'s POV

"Shimada...?" My eyes widen as I looked behind the counter of the food stand to find the person that scarred my self-esteem.

Flashback

Yes, I remembered it very well. Like it just happened yesterday. I have confessed my love to Shimada in a private matter, it didn't turn out so well. "Shimada, I-i...I like you. No, not just like, I love you!" I blurted out. Shimada stood there, looking at me awkwardly and looked away. "Sorry, I don't see you like that at all. I don't think I can see you more as a classmate." He said. He didn't even see me as a friend. It completely shattered my little, fragile heart. I thought everything will just be normal after that day, but I was wrong.
"Guess what, that weird girl confess to me the other day." "No way! She is so ugly, she's hallucinating if she thought she could be your girlfriend. Hahaha!" I stood there looking at Shimada and the other classmate. I mean they are right, I'm not the prettiest girl in class. A girl with messy hair and crooked teeth would never be thought of as a love interest. That's what I thought while Shimada spread the whole confession thing. Many of my classmates taunted me and Shimada stood there ignoring me. The only thing he would do is write cruel things on a sticky note and place them on my back, desk, anywhere I can find them.

"Go see a makeup artist." "You look like a donkey."

Every mean comment, I kept them till this very day. Sahara and Nishimiya was my only friends, they were my best friends, but they couldn't take the bullying anymore, and they transferred out. The 3 aliens they would call us. Bullied for fashion style, bullied for deafness, bullied for being unattractive, and confessing to a crush. Cruel, cruel kids.

I did not attend the same middle school as Shimada. Why would I want to see his face after that?  I reunited with Nishimiya again in middle school, so we've been together through thick and thin. Soon, we were finally reunited with Sahara and made up with Ueno, Ishida, and Kawai. We have also made new friends. Hey, let me tell you though, I fixed myself up by then. I wore braces to get rid of my crooked teeth and my hair is more put together.

End of Flashback

We planned a day at the amusement park and it was going amazing. Everybody watched and chuckled at Nagatsuka, who accidentally hit his eye with popcorn when attempted to pop one in his mouth.
"Ishida, (y/n), I want some takoyaki snacks! Let's go get some." Ueno suddenly spoke up. "Sure, I am going to get a drink, it's super hot out here!" I said wiping my sweaty forehead.

・・・

"Here you go, one takoyaki and a drink."  "Thank you." Ishida smiled, receiving the food from no other than, "Sh-Shimada?" Ishida mumbled quietly, his eyes were bulging out.
I stopped talking to Ueno and looked at Ishida's sudden change of mood and turned to look at what Ishida was so shocked about. My eyes immediately widen too. "Shimada?" My hair played with wind as everything becomes awkwardly quiet. "Ueno, you need to learn how to mind your own business." Ueno jumped up a little. Ishida started to back away slowly, handing me my drink and quickly walked away. "Wait! Sorry, Shimada, I'll text you later." Ueno yelled, running away to catch Shimada.

Wait Ueno texts, Shimada? Are they dat- no no no that's impossible. Well it's not like I care anyways! I thought looking down and by the time I looked up they're getting far away. "Wait-! ehhh never mind." They are too far away, they can't hear me.
I slowly turned around, looking at Shimada awkwardly. Why am I just standing here? Gahhh! The awkwardness is coming in. "You need anything?" Shimada broke the awkward barrier. "N-no." I stuttered and bolted outta that awkward tension. You don't need to think about that jerk (y/n). I told myself, heading towards the gang. 

Third POV

Shimada let out a long sigh after (y/n) left. He looks at her from afar. "Wow," he thought. He went back to work with the memories of her in his mind. "What is she like now? Does (y/n) still remember me?" Shimada wondered cooking up the next takoyaki for the next customer. 

After a long shift, he closed down for the day. Shimada walked to the front of the counter to close the door to the stand.  He locked the stand, but before he could, he spotted something on the ground.
"Huh?", next to his foot, was an old, crinkled yellow sticky note. He picked it up and unfolded it. His eyes shot wide open as he read the note on it.

"You will never find love!"

It was one of the hundreds of sticky notes he wrote to her. He really is the worst. Not just to (y/n), but to Ishida. "Why did she kept it?" He said to himself quietly. Ishida is trying to redeem himself by making Nishimiya smile, can Shimada do the same and make (y/n) smile? He stuffed the sticky note in his pocket and walked around the amusement park. He needs to do something about it. Images of the lonely girl sitting by herself reminded himself that he did this to her as he walks desperately around the amusement park.

Shimada finally found (y/n) with her group of friends and Ishida spotted him first. "Shimada?" Ishida muttered that name again as Shimada walks toward them. "What is he doing here?" He thought to himself. "I want to talk to (y/n)," Shimada announced, nearing the group. "Me?" (y/n) spoke up hesitantly, stepping forward a little. Shimada reached into his pocket and pulled out a familiar sticky note, holding it up so (y/n) can see it. "Why did you keep this?" Her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach and her face becomes pale.
"Let's give them some space," Sahara said, leading the gang somewhere else.
Now it's just (y/n) and Shimada, alone. That awkward tension is coming back in as (y/n) tries to find something to say. "I-i....kept it because... I wanted to remind myself that I'm ugly." "Lame excuse." Is the response she got. Shimada went up to you as you stared at the ground. "Listen (Y/n), I want to say that...I'm sorry. You aren't ugly. It didn't matter what you look like. I didn't mean to lower your self-esteem." He reached down and grabbed her hand, continuing, "What matters is that you are the most kindness and generous person. You have a warm heart and make all your friends happy." Tears started to spill out of (y/n)'s eyes as your heart remembers the pain of not loving yourself. She sniffed and dropped down to her knees. Tears flowed down her cheeks as she yelled, "I hated you! But I didn't want to, I couldn't ever hate you!" Shimada went down to the crying girl and her shoulders. He really messed up. "I kept these notes is because....it reminded me of you! Whenever I looked at you, I still have that same silly crush on you and I hate it! I hate it!" Shimada hugged you as the flowers swayed in the wind. The sun was setting, and many people were not around. "I'm...sorry I hurt you." Is all Shimada can say to comfort her. (Y/n) looked up, "It's not just me you hurt." referring to Ishida. "Yes, I know." "You're a jerk." "I know that too." She gave a little pout. "Well you're not ugly." Shimada smiled. "Yes I know." She repeated his words and starts giggling with tears still running down. Shimada wiped away her tears and gave her back the sticky note. "I should go now. Your friends are coming back." He said quietly. "Ok." (y/n) muttered. Her feelings for him are starting to reappear from Elementary. Shimada helped her up. "Bye." He walked away with his hands stuff in his pockets. (Y/n) looked down at the note and to her surprised the last note was scribbled out. Instead, it says,

"You are loved and I can prove it to you. We can be more than classmates, maybe even more than friends. Second chance?"

Next to it, was his number.

The End.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Would you give Shimada a second chance, readers? All I can say is, Shimada, loves you and all your imperfections, and you are perfect and beautiful to him. :D Thank you so much for reading this chapter and I hope you enjoyed it. See you guys next time!

-Author