THE CHALLENGE

Chapter 1

"You're making a mistake, sir." I complained.

"It's very clear young miss. You sabotage my presentation to the board!" Nagpupuyos sya sa galit. But, he's wrong, it can't be me.

"Sir, I didn't..."

"Oh you're fired!" No. Hindi pwede... This is my first job. This can't be.

"Sir naman, inosente ako." I pleaded. He's wrong, it wasn't me. I want our firm to get the highest stats.

"FIX YOUR THINGS! GET OUT OF MY OFFICE! GET THE HELL OUT OF MY SIGHTTTT! YOU'RE FIRED MS. SOLIVERES!"

EDIWAWWWW, SIRAULONG KALBO.😑If you only knew, who am I. I bet you'll kneel down. Dali dali kong inayos ang gamit ko. Nakakainis. If papa wasn't just this strict with me, I could have been enjoying. Partying, malling, gala-gala.  Papa is the richest CEO in the country, he owns a construction-enclined company but he doesn't want to give me a job in the company yet. Sabi nya kailangan nya ng quality employees, like wtf! I studied in the US as a Civil And still I don't deserve a spot in our company? What an epic surprise. He said, magsumikap ako, like him, he was always rejected and neglected, like hello...ano ba, I cannot prove to you that I am great when I'm not in your company. And just wow, I'm fired.

Lakas loob akong naglakad papuntang elevator, nakasulubong ko pa yung kalbong yun, sarap sapakin. Kala mo kung sino, mukha namang bibitayin.

I rode my car to our company. Masyadong nakakainis ang araw na toh

"Hey secretary, I need to talk my dad." Hindi pa rin talaga matanggal tanggal ang inis ko.

"May I know if you have any appointment with Mr.Soliveres" I looked blankly on the girl. Oh, this girl is new. You must learn a lesson

"Di mo ba ko kilala?! I said I need to talk to my DAD! Isn't it obvious, you moron" I walked out from that secretary. Dagdag pa toh sa problema.

I don't know where my dad is, pero I guess nasa office na yun. It's 2:00 pm anyways.
I entered the room without knocking, oh wait...why would I knock, eh sliding door yun.

"Don't you at least know how to ring" he said.

"Don't start with me, papa" I sat in his sofa.

"Let me guess hahaha, you got fired" I just stared at his laughing face.

"I told you...the journey ..."
"To the top is always hard. You need to face rejections in order to thrive. Yeah, right."   I cut him off, I memorized his line. But what the hell, why is it harder than I thought.

"Your learning, my young CEO" He then giggled.

"Papa, why don't you just give me a job here, I promise I'll prove myself to you. I'll do my best. I promise. Oh please" I was just so willing to do my best.  He just laughed.

"Oh please"  why is this guy copying me. "It's a no."

"WHATTT?!Why?! I'm an asset, I am at the top 4 at the board exam, and you will not have me in your company, you're dropping a diamond, dad." He was laughing so hard. C'mmon dad, you're making a fool out of me.

"So let's have a deal then, the moment the you got hired to a prestigious company and became an asset, I will retire, and give you my position. So what can you say, Ms.Soliveres?"  It's a good offer... But I don't plan on being a CEO.

"Dad, I don't want to be as busy as you are."

"So, are you turning down my offer? Oh your a weakling"
Ano?! Hindi ako mahina!

"I am not a weakling. It's a deal Mr.CEO. Total di mo naman ako bibigyan talaga ng trabaho dito. Ang kuripot talaga. Hay nako, I wonder how you make deals, papa"

"It's called psychology, child" he spoke proudly.

"I wonder how'd mom fall in love with you" he just laughed.

"So, about the deal, I'm giving you 1 year to claim the price." That's long. Sige kakayanin ko dad, I can be trusted. Nilapag nya sa harapan ko ang isang booklet.

"Get a job now...or live with holes in your pocket" I'll prove myself dad. I'm Engr. Lira Soliveres. Di ako papatalo.

***********
Nasa tapat ako ng Alegado Heights, this is the first company on my papa's booklet. Ito na lang ata sa listahan ang di ko napuntahan. Lahat kaseng company, pinuntahan ko na kahapon and the response was "We'll call you".  Like duhhhh bakit di nila sabihing di ako tanggap sa company nila.

"So, you are at the 4th place in the board exam. I see." He kept on nodding. "Are you, for any chance, related to Mr.Lance Soliveres?''

"No,sir." No.1 rule ni papa, don't tell anyone about our family. Keep everything, private.

"Oh ok, you're hired."

Omg, did I heard it right?! I am what?!!!
"Really?"  Tanong ko.

"Yes, you can start tommorow. Welcome to the company, engineer."

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is the start! Alegado Heights you just received the best among the best.