"Yes I heard" she acknowledged as the doors slid shut. They began their descent back down to ground-level "Did you notice the transmission?" she asked Rex after a moment, her eyes hard "communications were jammed earlier when I was flying down here, now... they're not"

"I feel that something is really wrong here" Rex admitted "but I just can't figure out what"

She brought her fingers up to her chin as she pondered. He patiently studied her profile, waiting for her to speak. All he ever wants is to understand what she's thinking, especially in that moment "What I said earlier... I didn't mean it" she expressed apologetically "Sometimes I just get so frustrated, and- and then I say things that I regret" her shoulders sunk gently, remembering the argument between her and her sister "Of all the lessons I've learned in my life, controlling my temperament is one I haven't quite mastered"

"Don't worry about a thing, honestly" he reached out "If anything, I'd rather face your wrath than have to deal with General Krell"

"Really?" She replied with mock disbelief.

"Well... now that I think about it, maybe not" he joked.

She chuckled "that's what I thought"

He smiled back at her, glad to see that her frown had disappeared. She took his hand again in hers "Let's take Umbara, together"

"If that's your order"

She gave another warm smile, lifting her hand up and placing it soothingly against his cheek just before the elevator door slid open.

Their soldiers were on the other side, waiting around for the next order to be given. Kix stood up and approached the Jedi General "Kix, Tup, get all who you can. We're moving out" she twirled her finger "Captain Rex will explain the situation"

"What about Fives and Jesse?" Tup asked.

"Bring them, of course" she continued walking "I'm sure Fives is itching to fight"

~

"Stay alert, the Umbaran's are in possession of clone armor. Undoubtedly they're preparing for an ambush" Dakota informed the soldiers around her, leading the team through the fog of the landscape towards the coordinates that were given to her by General Krell. At any second, blaster fire could erupt from the desolate shadows. She kept one hand at her hip just above the lightsaber, ready for anything that would pose a threat to the battalion.

"General, have you gotten in contact with General Kenobi about the stolen armor?" Rex asked, holding his pistols out in front of him as he walked.

"Unable to reach him" she said, maneuvering through a collection of winding trees "which is odd considering that the transmissions were working just fine up in the airbase tower" she stepped over a thick vine that stretched out over the ground.

"Watch out, sir!" Fives called, quickening his pace. She paused on the other side of the vine, glancing back to the ARC Trooper. He pointed out the Vixus, a widely dangerous plant-like creature with sprouting tentacles and a jagged-toothed mouth that waited eagerly for its next meal "those things are dangerous. See?" he picked up a nearby rock and tossed it towards the epicenter of the tentacles.

The creature opened its horrid mouth at the rock, revealing its sharp fangs to the group that passed cautiously by "Aww" Dakota tilted her head to the side at the monstrosity "it's kinda cute" she admired "Anyway, stop distracting me Fives" she quipped.